Did you live on Denholme Close when they were maisonettes?

Did you live on Denholme Close in Pitsmoor when they were still maisonettes. They were built around 1965 but I'm unsure when they were knocked down, but definately after 1979.

A few of the old residents have been nattering on facebook and we're talking about having a reunion. I lived at number 41 at the side of the steps. I have memories of the lads having a band in the garage, playing in the yard in front of the maisonettes in the rain when the yard used to fill with water. Having kart rides down Rock Street and turning down into the garages on Denholme and grass sledging with cardboard down the hills near the park!

they were knocked down after 1986, maid... I lived over the road on the Andover Drive maisonettes

As happened to the maisonettes on Grey Street and Andover, they were altered, no later than 89/90 into houses, (the upper part of the block was removed so it was just one property high) but for some reason, they too were demolished, and the new houses built on there about 1999/ 2000.

Archived