Are you a forum sociopath? Should you seek help?

Someone mentioned the word sociopath on here earlier. I hadn't come across it before so, always willing to learn, I googled it and found the following;

"Sociopaths are people without a conscience. They don't have the normal empathy the rest of us take for granted. They don't feel affection. They don't care about others. But most of them are good observers, and they have learned how to mimic feelings of affection and empathy remarkably well.

Because they go undetected, they wreak havoc on their family, on people they work with, and on anyone who tries to be their friend. A sociopath deceives, takes what he (or she) wants, and hurts people without any remorse. Sociopaths don't feel guilty. They don't feel sorry for what they've done. They go through life taking what they want and giving nothing back. They manipulate and deceive and convincingly lie without the slightest second thought. They leave a path of confusion and upset in their wake.

Sociopaths don't have normal affection with other people. They don't feel attached to others. They don't feel love. And that is why they don't have a conscience. If you harmed someone, even someone you didn't know, you would feel guilt and remorse. Why? Because you have a natural affinity for other human beings. You know how it feels to suffer, to fear, to feel anguish. You care about others."

http://www.youmeworks.com/sociopaths.html

Doesn't that sum up a lot of the idiots who post provocative comments on here? Should we normal, well-adjusted people try to help them or should we just live and let live?

Thanks to all the replies so far for proving my point. Instead of empathising with my original point, you accuse me of being the very thing I'm complaining about! Classic socipath behaviour from the likes of yuCDD123, Malky and Windyboy.

Says it all about you lot, really! :hihi:

Thanks to all the replies so far for proving my point. Instead of empathising with my original point, you accuse me of being the very thing I'm complaining about! Classic socipath behaviour from the likes of yuCDD123, Malky and Windyboy.

Says it all about you lot, really! :hihi:

Almost a clever thread Gordon! It shows you have addressed and accepted your sociopathic tendencies to the point of looking up the meaning ... its obvious you're writing about yourself. Your next step toward understanding is to start a thread outlining your weaknesses and await responses. For these you've already come up with the replies before even posting ... (well done!). I could tell what your response would be to any comments having just read your initial post as it is obviously loaded as to bait other posters. Bit sad really but it shows you're making a start toward self understanding.

May I suggest you read 'Clinical handbook of Psychological disorders' (fourth edition) by David H Barlow, a world renowned psychiatrist. This should enlighten you more than just addressing SF users who you don't like or are prepared to listen to anyway! (patently obvious from your posts)

Good luck and get better soon! ;)

Also contact 'Mind' and see about a spot of CBT!

Almost a clever thread Gordon! It shows you have addressed and accepted your sociopathic tendencies to the point of looking up the meaning ... its obvious you're writing about yourself. Your next step toward understanding is to start a thread outlining your weaknesses and await responses. For these you've already come up with the replies before even posting ... (well done!). I could tell what your response would be to any comments having just read your initial post as it is obviously loaded as to bait other posters. Bit sad really but it shows you're making a start toward self understanding.

May I suggest you read 'Clinical handbook of Psychological disorders' (fourth edition) by David H Barlow, a world renowned psychiatrist. This should enlighten you more than just addressing SF users who you don't like or are prepared to listen to anyway! (patently obvious from your posts)

Good luck and get better soon! ;)

Also contact 'Mind' and see about a spot of CBT!

Yes, the first step with any dysfunction is acknowledging that there's a problem in the first place. Well done you Gordon.:thumbsup:

Archived