VC holders grave left to smack rats

should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?

no. you make no sense

Maybe you just have a lot of time on your hands unlike most people they don't. Most people don't go round grave hunting, and because you do you seem to want to take the moral high ground.

May come a bit of a surprise to you but people do forget...they really do.

People do special things yes but that makes them no less or more than anyone else. My guess is if you start a petition you'll get signatures from those who are not worthy or less of a person because they didn't die in a war, but that'll be just about it. You undermine those that do die on a daily basis as less than those that die with a medal. It's up to the individual to care or not...not whether you say we should or not as a collective.

Maybe you just have a lot of time on your hands unlike most people they don't. Most people don't go round grave hunting, and because you do you seem to want to take the moral high ground.

May come a bit of a surprise to you but people do forget...they really do.

People do special things yes but that makes them no less or more than anyone else. My guess is if you start a petition you'll get signatures from those who are not worthy or less of a person because they didn't die in a war, but that'll be just about it. You undermine those that do die on a daily basis as less than those that die with a medal. It's up to the individual to care or not...not whether you say we should or not as a collective.

MY POINT is that plenty in power in sheffield would line up to get there picture took with the great men that were awarded the VC. however when it comes to taking care of such true heroes in life or death they and many others turn there backs. WHY? i think such real heroes remind others what real cowards they are. so they write about how it does not matter.

Whether it's a grave of a hero or just an average person, I don't think any cemeteries should be allowed to fall into the hands of drug users and vandals. I think it's a disgrace that people have so little respect to do those kind of things within a cemetery.

It's not only Wardsend Cemetery that has problems, the amount of vandalism in the General Cemetery is shocking to see. I despair :(

its a national and civic disgrace that a VC holders grave has been left to the citys scum

In all fairness, and not to detract from the point about this particular grave, all other graves in the cemetery have been left beyond repair, been vandalised or been littered with syringes etc. It's a disgrace that people think it's acceptable to treat cemeteries in this appalling manner.

In all fairness, and not to detract from the point about this particular grave, all other graves in the cemetery have been left beyond repair, been vandalised or been littered with syringes etc. It's a disgrace that people think it's acceptable to treat cemeteries in this appalling manner

it is disgusting

why is the op not up-in-arms about the recent spate of robberies of goods and trinkets from modern graves, in the Sheffield area, which have families that are still around to be distressed?

If this chap, albeit he is a VC hero, had family around to be bothered enough to tend the grave then I presume they'd be doing just that? I don't imagine the occupant of the grave himself would have much of an opinion one way or the other...

Is the op able to do any tidying up, himself, of this grave? That is, if he's so outraged?

And your point? Sheffielders are the worst people in the UK?

No just Sheffield has the most non-conformist people in the UK. It's not know in other areas of the country as "the federal republic of south yorkshire" for nothing you know!

Archived