VC holders grave left to smack rats

should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?

...argue, argue...

...or help, help...

...the evidence is in this thread!

A bit like the op....weak and pathetic argument.

The only point the op has made is by adding a poll to cast judgement on those that have other priorities. Nobody has even implied they don't care apart from those that voted and even then that vote was only a means to relate them to smack rats by definition.

Really do try and read the thread rather than coming up with assumptions that are a figment of you and the op's imagination.

You want to help with the clear-up...fine. Just don't be quick to judge others that don't/can't.

I wonder if IVAN has anything to do with a certain Phil by any chance?:suspect:

It's a given...the scenario is probably on the ball though. Just a long winded way of attacking smack heads is all.

As a personnel point...I like the idea of natural overgrowth, it gives the cemetery a feel of peace. I doesn't feel right when a cemetery is picky clean with lots of "don't" signs and roads with 5mph on them. That's not to say for health reasons items such as needles or trash shouldn't be removed.

why do you allow the same baiters to continue over and over again?

this man was awarded the VICTORIA CROSS why does that mean nothing to these individuals? yet they have to keep posting, why? to give abuse to make fun.

you are also being abusive toward the Mod team, which is a big no-no, when you consider the unpaid time they put into keeping order on here.

If you think that someone not entirely agreeing with you, on this subject, and joining in with your lament, and your breast-beating invective, then, if I'm honest, I think you need to seek help.

Yes most of us agree that the graveyard concerned, and not just this chap's grave being neglected is nigh-on criminal. it isn't fair that the graves are in such a parlous state.

However, this graveyard is long, long disused, (so long disused, in fact that a railway line runs through it!!! :o ) and the relatives of the deceased, if there any will be dreadfully unaware, probably, that these graves are unattended.

(even if they could summon up the enthusiasm to go and tend the graves of these distant, distant relatives, of whom they likely know nothing.)

If you feel so strongly, get a "friends of..." society started up. Rally some people round to go and do some grave tending, if possible.

There's a lot of history buried in London's Highgate cemetery but the place is a disgrace.The French on the other hand do respect those who played a part in their history besides burying them in cathedrals (as England does also)

The Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris is very well maintained

without a doubt sheffield has the worst kept VC grave in the uk.

yep had a good look at other VC graves online and sheffield does have the worst one in the uk

I've also taken a look. It's a moot point, but there are certainly other VC graves which could claim the title of worst in the UK.

John Cunningham VC, buried in Bridlington Priory churchyard, doesn't even have a headstone.

James Thompson VC, buried in Walsall Cemetary, lies in an unmarked grave.

Joel Holmes VC, buried in All Soul's Cemetary, Halifax now lies in an overgrown wilderness of bushes.

At least the grave of George Lambert VC lies in what appears a tranquil spot beneath some trees. I rather like the thought that nature has taken over this old graveyard. Not all final resting places need to have manicured lawns.

Link here: http://www.victoriacross.org.uk/yorkshir.htm#South

Archived