VC holders grave left to smack rats

should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?

There's a lot of history buried in London's Highgate cemetery but the place is a disgrace.The French on the other hand do respect those who played a part in their history besides burying them in cathedrals (as England does also)

The Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris is very well maintained

The difference is not one of nationality or how much people do or don't care, but whether or not the site in question is still receiving a regular supply of funds that pay for the upkeep. Pere Lachaise is still a working cemetery/crematorium. Many cemeteries elsewhere require a repayment every few years if a grave plot is to be retained, or the remains might be transferred to an ossuary and the plot resold. Places such as Wardsend and the GC filled up and closed long ago and the sites don't pay for themselves.

i guess popular threads attract trolls.

Look Ivan I'm not having a go but people are having trouble working out exactly what it is you are about. Unfortunately when people question you, you just tell them to trot on. You are not helping yourself at all and just opening yourself up to ridicule.

Calm down and try and answer people politely, calmly and reasonably and you won't have any problems.

a Victoria Cross holders grave should be treated with more respect.

Sigh. I don't think anyone disagrees. I think *all* graves should be treated with respect; why draw the line at people awarded the VC? What about other military awards? What about awards for charity work?

But seriously - the time you've spent winding people up on here you could have made some real progress with something you *apparently* care about a great deal.

you cant just dig up one grave in wardsend. you would have to do them all. what about the headstones at the top, where the train lines are, cut in half to put up a new fence!!

or all the graves that were dug up so the tram could go through town? all remains in a mass grave.

just cos some one has the vc does not make them any more deserving than the other 100s of people around him. you would have to claear the whole place. and he isnt the only decorated squadie in wardsend.

go and find the other squaddies up there and ask them what thay think, i also think that most of the graves have been their that long that their inhabitants are quite used to being where thay are, rather than being dug up. and no one grave up thire is more deserving than any other. have a look into things before you start stupid topics, there are many many interesting sheffield folk in wardsend, but no single one of them is more worthy than any other.

if you realy care go up there daily and make a start on tidying up the place.

if i see you up there with a strimmer, sum hedge cutters i might even ive you a hand.

Archived