VC holders grave left to smack rats

should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. should sheffield VC grave be left to vandels and smack rats?

I don't think its that easy and that brings us back to the other graves what about those,just because the occupants were not awarded the VC doesn't mean they don't warrant the same respect

the VC award does set him above others and it should be recognised

many thanks for your welcome.

im sitting here trying to figure out what i can do about this situation.

any suggestions?

try contacting his regiment they may have a fund for such things with any luck ,or start a friends of lt.lambert v .c scheme and get a group of like minded people together to care for the grave

What happened to your other thread on this?

Have you contacted the war graves commission or his old regiment? Have you volunteered your own services to the cemetery friends group?

ive emaild both groups. his old regiment was disbanded, i found the grave on friday give me a chance. i wanted to add a poll hence new thread.

what are you willing to do? vote maybe?

Wouldn't it be possible for the governmeny to open a cemetery for soldiers awarded the country's highest decoration. What would it cost to disinter the bodies and bury them with honour in such a cemetery.

It would cost much less than the cost to the men who earned the VC, many of who paid the ultimate cost

You can contact the Y & L regiment through the caretaker of the Y & L museum ,Lamberts medal is on show there,in the Rotherham main library ,I have had dealings with him and found him to be very helpful.

many thanks i will do that in the morning and update you

Wouldn't it be possible for the governmeny to open a cemetery for soldiers awarded the country's highest decoration. What would it cost to disinter the bodies and bury them with honour in such a cemetery.

It would cost much less than the cost to the men who earned the VC, many of who paid the ultimate cost

all true, i find it hard to understand why our country treats its military so badly

Archived