Child gets himself to school while mother sleeps.

Bloomdido - your lad sounds like a proper trooper, I used to travel from Wincobank to King Edwards the opposite end of town and also had to do the morning routine solo so know it's not easy. Unfortunately Fathers are second class citizens in the family courts and when it comes to custody etc. I hope you can get something sorted. Is there anyway your son's views could be represented and taken into account?

Have you ever asked your son if he would like to live with you? I just hope the situation doesn't have a bad effect when he comes to take exams.

Does she go to parent/teachers meetings, if not would you be allowed to go instead?

It's all been a bit complicated with step-parents and 'stuff'. I'm back living on my own now (with oldest daughter) and I'm pretty sure it will all come good again. It has been a heavy few years and I have been guillty of some errors as well, but done with the best intentions.

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm going to sign off now.

He walked out of his mothers tonight and he came round here. It won't be long now until he can choose for himself.

i did the same as him at 11, social services deemed me old enough then to choose for my self to live with my dad over my mother, so maybe time for him to have a chat with a social worker :), good luck hope it works out

Theres a boy who lives on our road who makes his own way too and from school cause, as he's quoted to me 'His mum can't afford her busfare' or 'Shes on too much medication'.

he's only 8 and i just can't imagine sending my boy(whos nearly 7) to school on his own until he's well into his teens!

Archived