Baldwins "Omega"

ptrA

Fischers mass catering !!!! since when? kenwood dont make me laugh, Leeds i have no experience of, Cutlers well lets say Fretwell downing catering has never been any more than poor to average, certainly Baldwins knocks them all over the shop! yes i can just see you at work conferences!!! holding court boring the pants off the other guests on how poor the catering is:loopy::loopy:

the loopy smiley is just my opinion of someone who slags off a business that has been sucessful for over 30 odd years and is still going strong........must be doing something right??

I love how angry you're getting at someone disagreeing with you. How dare someone not share your opinion. I can picture you now getting redder and redder. Watch that blood pressure! :hihi:

You do realise by the way that many businesses can run very successfully for many years, and be, in many people's opinion, rubbish. They just have to cater to a market. KFC has been serving dodgy fast food for many years, and a lot of people would never eat it, but it's successful, because a lot of people aren't fussy with their food.

You certainly have a point about the marketing industry in general. It is very easy to take poor quality product or service and with the correct marketing make it appear fashionable and therefore acceptable to the masses. The general public are like sheep. If you know what buttons to press you can make a fortune out of what is effectively rubbish.

It shocks me for example that kids are so obsessed with MacDonalds and KFC. (I only use the places for their toilet facilities). Nuvelle Cuisine in reality is just an example of how to deliver a microscopic portion of food and get away with charging a huge price for it, just by making it appear fashionable. Thankfully Baldwin's do not seem to have chosen this path. What may appear to some people as dated appears to others as consistant quality and value for money.

Sadly the "marketing machine" can, does and will continue to make a huge difference to the perceived value of a product or service in the minds of the general public.

You certainly have a point about the marketing industry in general. It is very easy to take poor quality product or service and with the correct marketing make it appear fashionable and therefore acceptable to the masses. The general public are like sheep. If you know what buttons to press you can make a fortune out of what is effectively rubbish.

It shocks me for example that kids are so obsessed with MacDonalds and KFC. (I only use the places for their toilet facilities). Nuvelle Cuisine in reality is just an example of how to deliver a microscopic portion of food and get away with charging a huge price for it, just by making it appear fashionable. Thankfully Baldwin's do not seem to have chosen this path. What may appear to some people as dated appears to others as consistant quality and value for money.

Sadly the "marketing machine" can, does and will continue to make a huge difference to the perceived value of a product or service in the minds of the general public.

Totally agree with you.

Music is the same - spoon feed people the same garbage and if Cowell and Co suggest it's great, it'll be swallowed up time and time again, despite a total lack of talent. Girls Aloud are a great example. You can do anything with marketing. Some papers showed Cheryl Cole as a nasty racist who allegedly beat up toilet attendants in racially aggravated attacks. The next minute, the same papers show her as a media darling, and the public just eat it up.

That said, it probably helps your job that people are suggestable! I've seen you perform by the way I think, and if you're who I think you are, it was very impressive. Good work.

Another recent example would be Ellie Goulding. I was shocked when I saw one of her recent videos. It sounded like a 10 year old girl singing badly into a hairbrush. Next minute she plastered all over the media. I dont know what all the fuss is about. She must be well connected!

Its the same story in my line of work. I am of the opinion that most good magicians are not in fact in the media spotlight, but a lot of poor ones are. It all comes down to having a good marketing team behind you. Unfortunately apart from personal recommendations (word of mouth) getting well known in my line of work has sadly very little to do with actual ability.

I am therefore still waiting for my big break. In fairness I have had a few near misses. I got myself on episode 7 of "Restaurant in our Living Room" in 2009. Unfortunately after filming some really strong magic and audience reactions, the producers, come the day of the broadcast, binned all this great footage in favour of showing me getting stabbed in the bottom with a fork, which they kindly repeated a second time after the commercial break. (So much for my TV debut). I have been asked several times now to go on "Come Dine With Me" but have decided to avoid all forms of "Trash TV" since this experience.

I was booked to do a high profile celebrity wedding in Udiapur (India) last month (Thats the same place where Katy Perry and Russell Brand got hitched), but the agent messed up the visas so the whole thing fell through at the last minute. I also performed at one of the After Parties at the "Brit Awards" last year. That was great fun. Unfortunately despite performing for several major celebrites I was forbidden to take any photos at the event.

I love how angry you're getting at someone disagreeing with you. How dare someone not share your opinion. I can picture you now getting redder and redder. Watch that blood pressure! :hihi:

You do realise by the way that many businesses can run very successfully for many years, and be, in many people's opinion, rubbish. They just have to cater to a market. KFC has been serving dodgy fast food for many years, and a lot of people would never eat it, but it's successful, because a lot of people aren't fussy with their food.

ha ha quite the contrary, not angry at all just amazed at your opinion which is quite different from the majority who go there and have been and continue to go, you are entitled to your opinion certainly as i am mine, my blood pressure is fine thanks :P

in my opinion you have no idea what you are talking about, either Baldwins or KFC, why KFC by the way???........................or have you an axe to grind against certain catering operations:suspect::suspect:

you are correct though some businesses are sucessful due to marketing hype but that is what business is about, choose your market and keep them happy and thats what Baldwins does.

Not sure about a Meningitis group but they certainly had an annual event for the Osteoporosis Trust. I was their close-up magician in both 2008 and 2009. They host fundraising events for several charities including Weston Park and Cavendish Hospice. I also do work for these groups occasionally, but I am sure many others charities have their events at Baldwins too.

Bye for now!

Nigel Francis

Close-Up Magical Entertainer

http://www.nigelfrancismagic.com

ha ha quite the contrary, not angry at all just amazed at your opinion which is quite different from the majority who go there and have been and continue to go, you are entitled to your opinion certainly as i am mine, my blood pressure is fine thanks :P

in my opinion you have no idea what you are talking about, either Baldwins or KFC, why KFC by the way???........................or have you an axe to grind against certain catering operations:suspect::suspect:

you are correct though some businesses are sucessful due to marketing hype but that is what business is about, choose your market and keep them happy and thats what Baldwins does.

KFC = wrong.

Torture chicken. That's all I'll say.

KFC = wrong.

Torture chicken. That's all I'll say.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: i knew there was an axe grinding somewhere and suppose baldwins tortures his lambs??:hihi::hihi: anyway last bit of KFC i had was lovely moist and tender not at all tortured!!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: i knew there was an axe grinding somewhere and suppose baldwins tortures his lambs??:hihi::hihi: anyway last bit of KFC i had was lovely moist and tender not at all tortured!!

No axes with baldwins, just their average food ;)

Seriously, you want to have a look at the de-beaking of live chickens, throwing them live into boiling fat etc, and see if you still want to eat that garbage.

Archived