The First Tory Government Since the Advent of the Internet

SPINDRIFT -post 17.

when was the last time ANY MP answered a question directly ? the first skill needed to become an MP is to be able to dodge the question.

we`ve just had 10 years of watching the worst offender doing this - BLAIR.

Guest sibon
Im old enough to have suffered living through many failed labour governements .

the one we have just booted out was just the latest in a long line of them.

You must be very old then.

Only the senile would have forgotten the Heath Government. The first and third Thatcher governments. The Major "government"... I use the inverted commas with intent.

Compared to them, Blair and Brown, to an extent, were exemplary.

The first Thatcher government was the one that undid the fifty years of disastrous policies (on both sides) that had brought the country to utter ruin. It's frankly amazing that, even three decades later, people would still rather complain about how bitter the medicine was than accept that we had to be given it.

Guest sibon
From that list anyone would think that he's not quite sure what he thinks.

From watching him in action, you would be in no doubt.

Which is more than can be said for Osbourne or Clegg. The only thing that you can discern from them is what they think that you want them to think.

It is a shame that Parliament doesn't have more of Skinner's type, or Bill Cash's type.

Guest sibon
The first Thatcher government was the one that undid the fifty years of disastrous policies (on both sides) that had brought the country to utter ruin. It's frankly amazing that, even three decades later, people would still rather complain about how bitter the medicine was than accept that we had to be given it.

No. The first Thatcher Government was a complete disaster, saved by a war which saw the needless loss of many fine young people in an attempt to stay in power.

The third was characterised by arrogance, pure and simple. That was followed by near financial ruin for the country. We are still paying for that particular government.

couldn`t agree more. it jut a shame we dont have a politician around now that is fit to sit in the same room as the Great Lady.

if we did we wouldnt have this crazy situation of the unite union holding British airways to ransom ,and doing vast damage to one of this countrys biggest companys.Thacher would not have allowed this to happen ,unlike the spineles labour government who were too scared to upset one of their main doners.

Scargill tried to hold the country to ransom in the 80`s ,and thank god we had the Iron Lady to crush him .

true

i was playing with the internet from around 1990, IIRC we had a tory government then

I thought the tories were elected in 1979.

But I could be wrong of course.

I was 28 at the time, and a computer was a massive machine that sat in its own air conditioned room, with about the calculating power of a modern mobile phone.

At that time I think the internet was solely for military and perhaps industrial use.

Only today, four former Labour MP's have been told by a judge that they can't abuse Parliamentary privilege so they are going to court charged with common theft.

3 becomes 4 and false accounting becomes common theft ……. ah well don’t let that stand in the way of a good story. :suspect:

Three ex Labour MPs and an ex Tory peer are set to stand trial over expenses fraud allegations after a judge ruled they could not claim parliamentary privilege to stop prosecution.

The four, who all deny charges of false accounting over their expenses, are to appeal against the decision.

Archived