The First Tory Government Since the Advent of the Internet

I thought the tories were elected in 1979.

But I could be wrong of course.

I was 28 at the time, and a computer was a massive machine that sat in its own air conditioned room, with about the calculating power of a modern mobile phone.

At that time I think the internet was solely for military and perhaps industrial use.

In 1979 perhaps. Their tenure lasted until 1997.

In 1979 perhaps. Their tenure lasted until 1997.

All right pedant, the first new tory government.

And dont say that it is a new government at every election because it isnt, if its the same party, its the same government in real terms.

Majors gang were merely Thatcherism without the Devils face.

if we did we wouldnt have this crazy situation of the unite union holding British airways to ransom ,and doing vast damage to one of this countrys biggest companys.Thacher would not have allowed this to happen ,unlike the spineles labour government who were too scared to upset one of their main doners.

What would she have done?

Sent in SAS men dressed as policemen like she did at Orgreave?

3 becomes 4 and false accounting becomes common theft ……. ah well don’t let that stand in the way of a good story.

Dear friend, they have been charged by the police for theft by false accounting under the Theft Act. That's pretty common.

But not half as common as bleating to a judge that 'it weren't me 'n' anyways you ain't got nuffink on me cos I were in Parliament wiv Gordon' like some common as muck Vicky Pollard.

It seems strange that only four have been charged.

Surely they will be able to claim 'custom and practice' or whatever.

Dont forget they were introduced to this, and egged on by, what many of you call the greatest entity to tread gods earth.

Thatcher.

She was the one who brought in this expenses thing, so it would not look as if all her tawdry lot were on the gravy train, by having big pay increases.

By God

Dennis has lost non of of his skill has he?

You seem to be saying that drug addicts, or at least drug takers, ( now we know why all the drugs are in the country) are the right people to be running this country?

A drug addict as the Chancellor?

They locked them up at one time.

Nah - who could think that a coke head is capable of being even involved in running a country? I have worked with coke heads, and they can barely run themselves half the time - so hit and miss, the ones I have known have always been sacked in the end... I was starting to think that Osbourne was being side lined a bit anyways, Cameron rarely seems to mention him now, and the lib dems financial guys seem to be making all the decisions?

couldn`t agree more. it jut a shame we dont have a politician around now that is fit to sit in the same room as the Great Lady.

if we did we wouldnt have this crazy situation of the unite union holding British airways to ransom ,and doing vast damage to one of this countrys biggest companys.Thacher would not have allowed this to happen ,unlike the spineles labour government who were too scared to upset one of their main doners.

Scargill tried to hold the country to ransom in the 80`s ,and thank god we had the Iron Lady to crush him .

That's funny - either you are an idiot, or you weren't around when Thatcher was in power... She was a insane meglomaniac with no empathy, no thought for the country, the communities she sought to destroy or the livelihoods of the working class majority... Union defeats are one thing, ripping the hearts out of northern towns and cities and leaving them to flounder for years is quite another.. Not everyone is 'famous' for a positive reason, you know...

Archived