The First Tory Government Since the Advent of the Internet

They locked up Derry Irvine's lad for it and coke traces were found in the toilets outside Irvine's Parliamentary office. Still I suppose that Lord Chancellors only have to make the law rather than worry too much about following it.

You do realise Lord Irvine's lad isn't Lord Irvine? the key word there is lad :huh:

You'll find it useful to do a bit of reading up Artisan. They have tried all that and the judge told them to get stuffed and go to court... and I personally hope, jail.

Completely agree, except the gaol bit.

That should be reserved for the great architect of it all, Thatcher.

Or better still, the exemplary example made of Ceacescu

Didn't Dennis Skinner pay back expenses that he wasn't due too?

With the third lowest claims for expenses in rhe house that criticism is wildly misdirected. All the reports I have seen is of him claiming for less than he was entitled.

Not mud, just facts. You have to concede that it's a little unusual that the man (a top barrister no less) in overall charge of UK legislature has a crackhead son in an American jail awaiting sentence for stalking. What went wrong there?

With the third lowest claims for expenses in he house that criticism is wildly misdirected. All the reports I have seen is of him claiming for less than he was entitled.

£1 of expenses that he wasn't due is £1 of my money and yours that he stole.

ISTR that he claimed expenses for paying an accountant that he wasn't due to You wouldl think that after so many years in Parliament he would know the basics. Nope, he's no better on this than any of the others that ignored the rules.

Not mud, just facts. You have to concede that it's a little unusual that the man (a top barrister no less) in overall charge of UK legislature has a crackhead son in an American jail awaiting sentence for stalking. What went wrong there?

£1 of expenses that he wasn't due is £1 of my money and yours that he stole.

ISTR that he claimed expenses for paying an accountant that he wasn't due to You wouldl think that after so many years in Parliament he would know the basics. Nope, he's no better on this than any of the others that ignored the rules.

He paid for an accountant to deal with his work as an MP, which he was entitled to. The Telegraph made a private apology for the story they ran on him.

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/5346/legg_got_his_arithmatic_wrong_says_dennis_skinner.html

I imagine top barrister's don't have much time to be a parent. It is not uncommon for sons of people in such jobs to go off the rails.

At least he didn't attempt a coup for preferential oil rights in another country like Thatcher's son.

I thought the tories were elected in 1979.

But I could be wrong of course.

I was 28 at the time, and a computer was a massive machine that sat in its own air conditioned room, with about the calculating power of a modern mobile phone.

At that time I think the internet was solely for military and perhaps industrial use.

Maybe you have forgotten the Microtan 65?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangerine_MICROTAN_65

I think the internet came a little later.. I remember it looking like ceefax..

Archived