The First Tory Government Since the Advent of the Internet

Will this make any difference to the right wing nonsense we hear in the press et al?

Whilst LittleJohn has this week apologised for a story he pretty much made up. I don't think the internet had much to do with that nor the drivel he repeatedly publishes.

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/06/littlejohn-offers-unqualified-apology.html

Whilst the Tories are rewarding tabloid smear merchants like Cameron's Andy Coulson or Boris's Veronica Wadley with jobs, I don't think we can expect much change.

Dear friend, they have been charged by the police for theft by false accounting under the Theft Act. That's pretty common.

Tony Only today, four former Labour MP's have been told by a judge that they can't abuse Parliamentary privilege so they are going to court charged with common theft.

False accounting isn’t common theft , is there such an offence as common theft and when did Lord Hanningfield become a labour MP?

I wouldn’t for one minute try and condone what as gone off but presumably they will say they were playing within the rules, whether those rules were right or wrong is a different story altogether.

Going back to the OP, i was on AOL (for my sins) in 1995, now correct me if im wrong but that was the internet and the Tories lost in 1997, so the OP is not correct in their hypothesis

Didn't AOL like Compuserve offer a sanitised version of the internet without full access?

I was on Demon around that time, experiencing the heady speeds of 16k modems a huge increase on the 300b/s modems of the 80s

Going back to the OP, i was on AOL (for my sins) in 1995, now correct me if im wrong but that was the internet and the Tories lost in 1997, so the OP is not correct in their hypothesis

To coin a phrase, Dont talk so Bloody Soft.

There were no debating chambers such as this , even in 1997.

And you know very well I meant 79, as the year that the goddess was elected.

(or should that be the Antichrist.)

BTW the tories didnt lose in 1979, they were resoundly thrashed and devastated.

Humiliated and destroyed.

Pretty much as this time around.

With a decent leader they could have hammered Labour into the ground.

Instead they have a hasty botch up with a bunch of opportunists, who dont know their arse from their elbow.

What a way to run a country.

In a years time, this set will be history.

Normally a government has a honeymoon period with the populace, there has been, or will there be non with this shower of ne'er do wells.

Usenet was established in 1980 and CIS in the early 90s - I was using both in 1995. There was also a UK equivalent of CIS in the mid 90s I forget the name of.

I'm pretty sure all of them had general discussion areas such as this one.

He paid for an accountant to deal with his work as an MP, which he was entitled to. The Telegraph made a private apology for the story they ran on him.

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/5346/legg_got_his_arithmatic_wrong_says_dennis_skinner.html

Good for him then. Obviously I don't keep up with the minutia of Dennis Skinner's expenses.

But on that point you should also note that you or I cannot claim accountants fees as legitimate expenses. We would be in front of a court on a charge if we fiddled our tax return like that. Why should Dennis Skinner be allowed to and and why is he demanding apologies instead of demanding a change in MP's tax privileges so that they are just the same as the people that he represents?

I imagine top barrister's don't have much time to be a parent. It is not uncommon for sons of people in such jobs to go off the rails.

At least he didn't attempt a coup for preferential oil rights in another country like Thatcher's son.

That'll be those family values then.

On the second point it's a little rich for you to bang on about Derry Irvine's lad not being relevant to the price of fish and then carp on about Mark Thatcher. All of my posts on this thread have been about hypocrisy - the quotient just went up.

False accounting isn’t common theft , is there such an offence as common theft and when did Lord Hanningfield become a labour MP?

I wouldn’t for one minute try and condone what as gone off but presumably they will say they were playing within the rules, whether those rules were right or wrong is a different story altogether.

You're making too much of the word "common". They are all being charged under the Theft Act.

On your second point, I concede that my maths was misleading but I was also including Labour MP for Barnsley Central - Eric Ilsley - who is also up on a charge. To be frank I care not which party they are from (though Labour is winning this crazy game 4-1)

I'd like to see them in jail if found guilty and I think that you might think the same.

And you know very well I meant 79, as the year that the goddess was elected.

(or should that be the Antichrist.)

BTW the tories didnt lose in 1979, they were resoundly thrashed and devastated.

Humiliated and destroyed.

Pretty much as this time around.

With a decent leader they could have hammered Labour into the ground.

Instead they have a hasty botch up with a bunch of opportunists, who dont know their arse from their elbow.

What a way to run a country.

In a years time, this set will be history.

Normally a government has a honeymoon period with the populace, there has been, or will there be non with this shower of ne'er do wells.

tories - I think you mean labour.

shower of ne'er do wells - on the internet it is quite easy to trace the Tories corruption, like for example Boris's gerrymandering of the London fire authority.

http://torytroll.blogspot.com/2010/06/boris-johnson-accused-of-gerrymandering.html

Perhaps you are right, but I fear it will take some time before the news is set by anyone other than the Murdoch's of the media industry.

Their practices in the US:

http://www.outfoxed.org/

The deal the Tories did for Murdoch's support: abolition of his critics like OFCOM and the BBC Trust:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/news/2010/05/21/pm-pay-back-to-murdoch-115875-22273847/

That'll be those family values then.

On the second point it's a little rich for you to bang on about Derry Irvine's lad not being relevant to the price of fish and then carp on about Mark Thatcher. All of my posts on this thread have been about hypocrisy - the quotient just went up.

Indeed it did. :hihi:

When someone responds in kind suddenly they are a hypocrite totally ignoring or missing the point I was making that your criticism was invalid and pointless muckraking as a distraction from the picture published in the newspapers of George Osbourne with a prostitute and a line of cocaine, not his son or any other relative, our new Chancellor expected to lead us through the financial crisis they overstated to win the election.

Usenet was established in 1980 and CIS in the early 90s - I was using both in 1995. There was also a UK equivalent of CIS in the mid 90s I forget the name of.

I'm pretty sure all of them had general discussion areas such as this one.

There may have been, but they were not coloured as far as places this are concerned.

The majority were on dial up modems, I would imagine, and very few were au fait with even basic computer use. So the choice of debating companions would have been restricted to techno nerds, I would have thought.

Archived