Tribal Gathering Acid House Party

Lea1979

Just wondering if anyone else is going either on Saturday or Sunday ? We'll be going on the train Sunday afternoon and coming back at stupid o'clock Monday morning :help:

Am really looking forward to it - should be excellent night out !!!!

Lea x

Originally posted by Damon

Have fun. Went to the big warehouse thing 2 years ago and that was really something.

Haven't they moved it back into Sankys this time?

I went to that.. it was 'something' I agree..

It was impressive cos it was big and in a massive warehouse (where they recreated The Hacienda for a film I believe) and there were some good Djs playing BUT... having been to loads of 'real' free parties it felt a bit false and the tarted up townies girls in stillettos stumbling around in the total carnage that was morning was just too freaky....

I like my free parties intimate, friendly, full of hippies and most of all FREE... ;-)

Originally posted by Anne23

I went to that.. it was 'something' I agree..

It was impressive cos it was big and in a massive warehouse (where they recreated The Hacienda for a film I believe) and there were some good Djs playing BUT... having been to loads of 'real' free parties it felt a bit false and the tarted up townies girls in stillettos stumbling around in the total carnage that was morning was just too freaky....

I like my free parties intimate, friendly, full of hippies and most of all FREE... ;-)

Sound quiet accurate to me - Acid House Warehouse parties were normally full of a mixture of folk AND you had to pay some dodgy geezers to get in - free parties came later (the hippies still were all at free festivals listening to Hawkwind in the late 80s!)

yeh - i would have loved it to be a free warehouse party but with Sasha and Digweed playing back to back free is not likely to happen!!

I'm a bit gutted actually because it has to move into Sankey's because of problems with getting a license for the warehouse. So its not like an acid house party at all now !

Still should be a good night !!

Archived