The Fox Twins - 3 Dead foxes so far..

So no-one wants to answer the question? We kill/cause to be killed rats by the hundreds of thousands every year. I've never heard anyone causing an outcry about that?

The occasional fox randomly visiting gardens and turning over the bins in search of chicken bones is fine. Taking up residence locally and getting cheeky enough to go into people's houses is taking the relationship one step beyond, imo.

Call me cynical, but I will take a teaspoon of medicine before I swallow this Daily Mail story! 2 foxes go through the patio doors of a London house, both foxes go upstairs into the nursery and take a cot each? Yeah o.k!! Dog who lives in house scents and hears nothing, still sleeps in his basket. Yes, o.k. I believe it!!

Call me cynical, but I will take a teaspoon of medicine before I swallow this Daily Mail story! 2 foxes go through the patio doors of a London house, both foxes go upstairs into the nursery and take a cot each? Yeah o.k!! Dog who lives in house scents and hears nothing, still sleeps in his basket. Yes, o.k. I believe it!!
Two foxes? A dog in the house? Is this right? I've not really been following the story in the media.

I got the impression the twins were sleeping in one cot? I imagined they'd be sleeping head to toe? Almost like twins, sort of :)

I always understood that when naturally shy animals such as deer, monkeys, squirrels, badgers etc become bold it is because we've been feeding them.

Yep people need to take more care with their waste and keep the doors closed.

If there wasn't so much accessible food for the urban foxes they would reduce in numbers anyway. It would help reduce the rats numbers too, bonus!

Where I used to live the council for some reason would not allow wheelie bins to be used, you had to put waste out for collection just in bags, and the rat problem (and also foxes) was huge. You could HEAR them in the night, it was disgusting.

Rather than "shut your bloomin' door when your kids are upstairs in bed you moron"

Exactly. Foxes are wild animals and following their instincts.

I feel sorry for the twins but the parents should be prosecuted for not protecting their children from harm. They left an outside door open at 10pm at night:huh:

A woman was saying in the supermarket that she believed it was a dog that attacked the babies as some can be jealous, she thinks in order to save pressure to have the dog destroyed the mother blamed the fox, but she said the police would be able to tell because of the teethmarks

Archived