The Fox Twins - 3 Dead foxes so far..

[...]the parents should be prosecuted for not protecting their children from harm. They left an outside door open at 10pm at night:huh:
I'd have been in trouble constantly then, on a hot night we often left the garden doors open to get some air into the house during the evening. It would never have occured to me that a fox would sneak in and attack my children in their beds. Who'd ever heard of anything like it? Now, of course, everyone knows and will take more care, obviously.

It must be wonderful to be either so prescient that you foresee every eventuality no matter how farfetched or that you're so driven by anxiety that you'd rather stifle to death than have an external door open while it's still light. :help:

I'd have been in trouble constantly then, on a hot night we often left the garden doors open to get some air into the house during the evening. It would never have occured to me that a fox would sneak in and attack my children in their beds. Who'd ever heard of anything like it? Now, of course, everyone knows and will take more care, obviously.

It must be wonderful to be either so prescient that you foresee every eventuality no matter how farfetched or that you're so driven by anxiety that you'd rather stifle to death than have an external door open while it's still light. :help:

Yes if the babies had suffocated people would have said open the windows, leave a door open

I would never have thought that a fox could sneak into my house through an open door and bite my children - but, strangely, I was always aware of the possibility of someone coming through an open door into my house and snatching my babies.

I am not driven by anxiety but common sense.

Your sarcastic and condescending tone does nothing for you.

I would never have thought that a fox could sneak into my house through an open door and bite my children - but, strangely, I was always aware of the possibility of someone coming through an open door into my house and snatching my babies.

I am not driven by anxiety but common sense.

Your sarcastic and condescending tone does nothing for you.

I think you're well over the top suggesting that people should be prosecuted for sitting with a door open on a hot evening.

A someone, yes. I think you might have noticed an adult walking through your sitting room. You might not have spotted a fox skulking behind the furniture and sneaking through, though?

I think all this lurid speculation is ridiculous, why do people persist in drawing up their own scenarios of any given event, without even waiting for any investigation to run its course?

I think you're well over the top suggesting that people should be prosecuted for sitting with a door open on a hot evening.

A someone, yes. I think you might have noticed an adult walking through your sitting room. You might not have spotted a fox skulking behind the furniture and sneaking through, though?

I think all this lurid speculation is ridiculous, why do people persist in drawing up their own scenarios of any given event, without even waiting for any investigation to run its course?

Because we have opinions and choose to discuss them. It would be a very boring world if this wasn't so.;)

Could it be that this fox was rabid, and that is why the poor kids are so ill?

If it is, this would account for the culling.

As the alleged incident was only a week ago I think the chances of the kids showing signs of rabies are nil but don’t let that stand in the way of a good old :rant:

Symptoms of Rabies

Symptoms usually develop between 20 and 60 days after exposure. Rabid animals may become aggressive, combative, and highly sensitive to touch and other kinds of stimulation. And they can be vicious. This is the "furious" form of rabies, the kind traditionally associated with mad dogs

Whilst this was such an awful and unfortunate story, to be killing random foxes around the house in response to what happened is just an unnecessary over reaction. The ones killed probably had no connection to the attack.

I don't know about anyone else but this is the first case that I personally, have ever heard of a fox mauling a child. However, the number of cases i've heard of family pets attacking children is overwhelming in comparison - should we go round killing random family pets just in case? I don't think so.

Unfortunately, this is already happening, and has been for a while. :mad: Family pets which turn out to resemble pit bulls (e.g. staff crosses) are taken from family homes by the police and killed, regardless of temperament. Sad but true!

I always understood that when naturally shy animals such as deer, monkeys, squirrels, badgers etc become bold it is because we've been feeding them.

This is true. People think they're doing a wild animal a favour by feeding it and gaining its trust. But, by doing this it loses it's natural fear of humans, which is there for a reason. It leaves the animal much more vulnerable to danger. Very sad :(

By all means, leave food out for 'em. But people shouldn't try to treat them as "pets"

Archived