Why should Council workers face cuts when most are Tory/Libdem?

See post 34 by andyofborg

Here is an example. I run my own business. I can look at all the tasks that are required to run my business like preparing my courses, admin, photocopying, emailing, answering the telephone, doing my books marketing etc, and of course I could determine that I may need 2 or 3 people to do this job effectively.

however , market conditions dictate that if I employed all those people, I would have to put up the cost of my training, and , as I sell to mostly statutory sector and charities then they would not be able to afford to pay so I would go out of business.

So I do the work myself as much as I can.

See how it works. Well it is the same for the civil servants unfortunately. You can only have what you can afford

You appear to be arguing the same as myself in that Councils have previously run the business with excess staff and not by getting the most out of the staff they have.

Who exactly do you blame for this, or do you believe it acceptable.

So what you are saying is that either:

They can maintain the current level of service with 5-10% less resources, in which case they've been managing their workforces poorly

Or

They've been happy to spend our money on a better quality service, as opposed to saving it for harsher times like today

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this exactly what the Labour Government were accused of doing.

Or

There is not enough money to maintain the services that are offered at the moment, due to the money wasted by the previous government.

Or

There is not enough money to maintain the services that are offered at the moment, due to the money wasted by the previous government.

Are you saying this waste is within Local or National spending?

:clap: Cyclone & Eater Sundae

:clap: Uptowngirl & Rupert_Baehr

:clap: andyofborg & wellyman

:clap: JFKvsNixon

:clap: espadrille & mossdog

Each and every one of you deserve a medal for continuing to argue with someone who obstinately refuses to accept logic, and who continues to be obtuse in his post. I find it so frustrating to continue to challenge him, my hat is removed to those who stand up to his bizzare posts. :help:

Sorry if I've missed anyone :blush:

:clap: Cyclone & Eater Sundae

:clap: Uptowngirl & Rupert_Baehr

:clap: andyofborg & wellyman

:clap: JFKvsNixon

:clap: espadrille & mossdog

Each and every one of you deserve a medal for continuing to argue with someone who obstinately refuses to accept logic, and who continues to be obtuse in his post. I find it so frustrating to continue to challenge him, my hat is removed to those who stand up to his bizzare posts. :help:

Sorry if I've missed anyone :blush:

Go on feel free to question my point of view, we'd love to hear what you think!

Are you saying this waste is within Local or National spending?

Nope, I am say that this countries expenses have increased whilst our income has decreased creating a deficit, so we need to reduce this deficit by reducing our spending. The reduction in funding of local government by central government is part of the spending reduction.

Are you really struggling to get this point?

Nope, I am say that this countries expenses have increased whilst our income has decreased creating a deficit, so we need to reduce this deficit by reducing our spending. The reduction in funding of local government by central government is part of the spending reduction.

Are you really struggling to get this point?

And who do you think is responsible for the higher than needed expenditure in Local Government?

And who do you think is responsible for the higher than needed expenditure in Local Government?

Who has said that there is? Read the line below:

The reduction in funding of local government by central government is part of the spending reduction.

Archived