Why should Council workers face cuts when most are Tory/Libdem?

Maybe you should check out how much a doctor can earn working privately?

Not as much as they earn by working in the bosom of the NHS while working privately in what other folks would consider their 9-5 day.

You're thinking of consultants I guess.

They can earn significantly more than a 100k anyway.

What's a normal GP contract, I don't think they normally find time to moonlight as well.

Maybe the contract negotiation for consultants needs to define a normal working week though.

I think it's generally accepted that the BMA twirled HMG like a drum major when the contracts were negotiated so that GP's now do less hours for more money. A contract GP probably does a 3.5 day week with (ISTR from doctor friends) around 12-15 weeks off a year and an average income in excess of £140k. If they have specialities they can easily top it up with private consultation or maybe a bit of bog standard GP locum work.

Obviously situations (and the inevitable 'my GP wife works a 90hr week for £40k replies) will differ.

And who do you think is responsible for the higher than needed expenditure in Local Government?

Whoever in local Government approved The Supertram, World Student Games & Sheffield Arena. By-Jesus you just don't get it do you? You just don't understand budgets.....and neither did these people that's why we are in the mess we are in.

It's just some politicians won't play frippery with the tax payers 'visa card' and other politicians don't mind maxing that 'visa card' one little bit!

Deserve has nothing to do with it. The national Labour goverment has spent all the money. There's none left. Therefore everythign funded by goverment will be cut (including local councils spending money). You cant spend more than you earn indefinitely, so now the finances have to be rebalanced.

That's it in a nutshell! Why can't Titanic accept this. This is put in laymens terms. Simples!

Maybe you should check out how much a doctor can earn working privately?
That's an obscenity as well!............and people paying private have already contributed to the NHS,so what's your issue? My issue is that doctors are generally overpaid for their value to the country.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. The national Labour goverment has spent all the money. There's none left. Therefore everythign funded by goverment will be cut (including local councils spending money). You cant spend more than you earn indefinitely, so now the finances have to be rebalanced.

How can you possibly blame the national Government for waste in Local Government?

That's it in a nutshell! Why can't Titanic accept this. This is put in laymens terms. Simples!

No put in simple terms!

Libdem/Tory Government has told Local Councils to cut back, yet most Councils have been run by their party in the first place and yet they want to blame Labour for having to implement the cuts.

You are barking mad if you are blaming Labour for this!

Archived