Lambda sensor in car

Hello

My lamba sensor went so the garage fixed it cost £160 and now a week later the warning sign is back on and the garage said it was a different Lamba sensor- how many do cars have and is this likely for 2 to break together?

Thanks

Most have two, before and after the cat, and they're not cheap, if the light has come back on get the MAF sensor checked.

If I recall correctly, a genuine, branded (Bosch etc) Lambda sensor rarely fail.

(make sure you have got the code for any radio / cd before you do this!!!)

Disconnect one of the leads from the battery for a couple of hours which on a good 90% of cars will cancel the 'engine check light' that you have got lit up. Fill up with good quality petrol (shell or bp but NOT supermarket stuff) & nip to Halfords & put in a 'shot' / small bottle of Redex in the petrol tank with the new quality juice.

Does the light come back on straight away as soon as you drive?

This fixed mine but i was told that some supermarket petrol contains additives that are not usually found in the quality brands of petrol. Some sensors can be a bit fickle with these additives. Can you remember a couple of years back when a whole heap of lamda sensors were completly ruined with supermarket petrol?

Worth a shot the above & if it comes back on again then u genuinely know youve got a problem.

Good luck.

Archived