Which are the drug free bars in Sheffield?

slimsid2000

I am starting this thread as a spin off from the one about sniffer dogs. I was disturbed by a few people's comments that there are no drug free bars. I'd like to think that is not the case or at the very least some have much less of a drug problem than others.

I would like this thread to be for information only and not become a debate about the rights and wrongs of drugs. If people just want to express an opinion they can do so on the other thread. I would genuinely like to know which are the most drug free bars.

Also I have said bars rather than clubs in the hope that they are less likely to have a drug problem than clubs. Any information would be greatly appreachiated (perhaps by more people than just me).

Yes but which bars are least likely to attract those who take drugs.

Also, wouldn't someone on drugs act in a very strange way that would stand out a mile? I am not sure I have witnessed this although I don't know what signs to look out for.

See, you're getting this completely wrong.

Just because there are people in an establishment using drugs does not mean the establishment has a drugs problem. It does not also mean that those who use the drugs have a drugs problem.

I highly doubt that on a busy Friday or Saturday there is going to be a single bar in the city center that doesn't have at least one person in the bar whose taking some sort of drug, so I guess by your standards then every bar has a "drugs problem".

Perhaps, slim your problem is that you should sit at home drinking. Those on drugs pose little or not threat to you, and indeed I'd doubt you'd even notice. One of the nicest patrons at a bar I used to work at was a heavy coke user, unless you knew him really well you'd never notice - you had to watch for his little finger twitching to see whether he'd taken any that night or not.

I don't understand your obssessions with things like this, do you suffer from OCD or the like? If you're really that worried and want an entirely drug free night, perhaps you should lock yourself in your bedroom? After all Alcohol IS a drug.

Originally posted by slimsid2000

Also, wouldn't someone on drugs act in a very strange way that would stand out a mile? I am not sure I have witnessed this although I don't know what signs to look out for.

See, if you've never seen anybody on it, then how do you know that ANY of the bars in Sheffield have a drugs problem?

You may notice that people who drink alcohol can sometimes behave in a strange way and hence people on drugs (by which I guess you mean illegal drugs) would probably blend in quite nicely!

basically....which is not a dodgy pub

or alternatively....any pub you go to where someone offers you drugs...take down a description and fone the police (if it bothers you that much then you can go vigilantie lol)

the signs to look out for are for people NOT doing the following:

1. projectile vomiting

2. fighting

3. singing in the streets

4. abusing taxi drivers, bar staff, doormen, takeaway workers

..and any other symptoms that binge drinking alcohol addicts have.

Archived