Which are the drug free bars in Sheffield?

slimsid2000

Originally posted by slimsid2000

Yes but which bars are least likely to attract those who take drugs.

Also, wouldn't someone on drugs act in a very strange way that would stand out a mile? I am not sure I have witnessed this although I don't know what signs to look out for.

dude, you sound like my dad. People on drugs act weird? Unlike drunks? :help:

To be fair - people on Ketamin act weird - if ever there was drug that made people act like "they were on drugs" its K...

I was once in pub in Sharrow (a few year and landlords ago) loads of folk on the K in there - on a tuesday teatime... Still i dont think any of them had pressing important business engagements to go to on the wed morning! I decided to move on...

But back on track - as has been pointed out - Stella is legal and that one of the most dangerous drugs known to man. Why does it make you so lairy? its not the strength of it as Grolsh or Kronenberg or even proper Belgian Stella doesnt have the same just-add-for-instant- argument/punch-up effect...

Originally posted by pabloescobar

Even in really dodgy bars where the toilets have blue filters over the lights to stop people pinning H hasn't detered druqs use.

As mentioned on other threads some toilet cubicle have all flat surfaces sprayed with WD40 to stop people having a sneaky line.

Lets face it I'd rather go to a bar where people are on a cocktail of gak and booze than just booze. They may have their heads up their arses but better than their fist in your face.

The millenium dome had those blue lights yknow :D:D:D

Right! My two-pennorth:

I have a lot of friends who regularly use drugs of all sorts, none of them are addicted, but they do buy them in clubs. I've sat with them whilst they've bought/taken them (amphets like speed/bass, E, etc)and I don't, but I've never had any hassle or had anything 'pushed' upon me. From my own experience, drugs in clubs and bars is very much a choice thing - if you want to seek out the drug culture, go for it but you can go a whole night without seeing any use (never seen any hard drug use at the Leadmill). 'Druggies' are not crazed loonies shouting 'accciiiiiiiiiiiid' and trying to stab you with used syringes, as the media would have us believe. All bars and clubs' official line, obviously, is that illegal drugs are banned, so if you do get into any trouble (say your drink is spiked - not even an issue if you've got any sense not to leave it lying around) then you can get help from the staff.

Stop fretting!

I know sid is a mature student (from what he has told us) but i reckon he must be doing some sort of project and how society see people with no hope in their lives or some sort of research.

What kind person, from what i have experienced, comes on to forum like this with various types of people from society first to say he is a 35 year old virgin whom has never kissed or touched a girl.

Following on from two of his most recent posts he now seems to want to know about the drug culture in bars in Sheffield. Then i have seen posts like what do you think of Margaret Thatcher. Why? :confused:

Do you never get out and you are the man you portray yourself to be, or are you doing research, or do you even work for a newspaper/magazine wanting to know the public perception of you? Or are back to the lack of sex bit, are you really working for a film company promoting the 40 year old virgin?!?

Does anyone on this forum actually know this guy? Or am i just being cynical?

check when his earliest post is, if it's some kind of research then it's going on for an awfully long time.

I don't think anyone has met him, despite offers by a few he thinks it's dangerous to meet someone you've met on the internet... MsBehavin was actually planning to drug his coffee and drag him off when they met, NOT.

I think he's genuine though.

Archived