Is it illegal to park a car on the road if it has tax but no insurance?

i have got a car for sale which is taxed and moted and i am wanting to park it in a layby near my house as i have no driveway but due to the car haveing no insurace i dont want it to be towed away the car wont be driven by me all i will be doing is parking it up and leaving a for sale sign in it is this legal or not

i have got a car for sale which is taxed and moted and i am wanting to park it in a layby near my house as i have no driveway but due to the car haveing no insurace i dont want it to be towed away the car wont be driven by me all i will be doing is parking it up and leaving a for sale sign in it is this legal or not

my nan had a car with engine in pits in the boot, it was going to scrap yard. The car was taxed and tested but she had to pay £10 per day to insure it till the car could be taken away.

Don't forget though, if you insure it and then sell the car you can cancel the insurance/get it refunded for the unused months. If you really cant afford insurance can you afford a fine that goes with an uninsured car? Do you know anyone with a drive or private land?

Archived