What motorists have to put up with .. from cyclists and motorbikes

It's more the bicyclists than the motor cyclists that do my head in... They're always right over in the road rather than alongside the pavement

Which is what the government cycle training schemes teach because it is better than riding in the gutter and have car drivers try to squeeze past when there is not enough room to do so safely. The fact that you think they should ride near the pavement shows that you've forgotten the bit in the highway code about giving cyclists at least as much room as a small car when you're overtaking them.

I'll leave you to consider whether that means you are a safe driver or not.

The whole "Think Bike" campaign bewilders me. What are motorists supposed to do when they've got a motorcyclist acting like a prat around them?

I always thought the "THINK BIKE" campaign was completely wrong. It should be "THINK CAR" aimed at cyclists and motor cyclists.

I always thought the "THINK BIKE" campaign was completely wrong. It should be "THINK CAR" aimed at cyclists and motor cyclists.

Wrong target.

In most cyclist/vehicle and PTW*/vehicle collsion, it's the vehicle driver's fault.

The campaigns are directed toward drivers because they are the ones posing the greatest danger to vulnerable road users.

*PTW = Powered Two Wheeler.

Wrong target.

In most cyclist/vehicle and PTW*/vehicle collsion, it's the vehicle driver's fault.

The campaigns are directed toward drivers because they are the ones posing the greatest danger to vulnerable road users.

*PTW = Powered Two Wheeler.

Car drivers aren't usually the ones trying to overtake other cars when the car in front is already indicating to turn right, or shooting into dense moving traffic just inches off the front bumper, or squeezing through the tightest of spaces.

'Us motorists'? I'm a motorist but there's always threads slagging off motorcyclists. I have to put up with a lot of idiots on four wheels and there's far more of them!

There's already a million threads on this subject so why start a new one?

i did`nt start the thread .

and ive no problem with motorcyclists - my grief and aggro is with pushbikes on the road.

It's more the bicyclists than the motor cyclists that do my head in... They're always right over in the road rather than alongside the pavement - which is a pain on a 40mph road and there's other motorists up your backside thinking you're a slow driver!

Good.

The standard of cycling is better than I thought then, the cyclists being where they SHOULD be

Unfortunately can't say the same about drivers who care more about what someone they do not and will never know, thinks about them, than about driving safely

how many ov you actually ride a bike and have a car ???? do tell , becouse if you look for bikes and let them pass 9out ov 10 will put 1 arm up as a thankyou , ime a biker but i have a car , how hard is it to move outa there way afew inches neerer to cerb , but instead all ya get is winjin ignerant people , sorry for speakin my mind but thats how it is

the only motrocyclists i have a problem with are the young idiots on field bikes and quads who roar up and pavements when it suits them and shoot onto the road from between parked cars or out of park entrances, pedal cyclists on the other hand like to think they are doing thier thing for co2 emissions which i concede, a simple test for them to pass would be a step in the right direction, ive been stuck behind two cyclists when they decide they want to chat while riding and pedal two abreast weaving away and toward each other as they do, ive also been behind the cyclist pedaling in the driving rain who is actually looking down at the road all the time and weaving from pavement edge to white line in the middle of the road, and i've been on the end of car panel damage by a cyclist at traffic lights who after scraping his handlebars all down the side of my car decided he suddenly wanted to take a shorts cut down a pathway between some houses never to be seen again.

Archived