What motorists have to put up with .. from cyclists and motorbikes

how many ov you actually ride a bike and have a car ???? do tell , becouse if you look for bikes and let them pass 9out ov 10 will put 1 arm up as a thankyou , ime a biker but i have a car , how hard is it to move outa there way afew inches neerer to cerb , but instead all ya get is winjin ignerant people , sorry for speakin my mind but thats how it is
how hard is it for cyclists to move out of the way aswell? everytime i go to overtake one i have visions of them getting the wobbles and going under the car

as the OP says , us motorists have to put up with a lot of baffoons on two wheels on the road .

We have a lot more to put up with from drivers who don't know their posterior from their elbow.

From your avatar you could well fall into that category.

I had a motorbike pass me today in a not so great place and i was a bit annoyed!, she wasn't wearing leathers or anything it annoyed me that she would risk so much just to stay a bit cooler.

I remember burning hot summers on my old bike but i always wore leathers i admit to leaving my jacket undone a fair amount of times but it was bloody hot.

Can't say i have any problems with cyclists, being an avid cyclist myself i can spot anything that is likely to cause a cyclist issues and prepare for the eventualities if a problem may arise.

I don't like kids on chicken chasers though they seem to have no idea what they're doing, other than that car drivers are the big issue if only more of them knew how to use the roads we'd all sleep better in our beds.

the only motrocyclists i have a problem with are the young idiots on field bikes and quads who roar up and pavements when it suits them and shoot onto the road from between parked cars or out of park entrances, pedal cyclists on the other hand like to think they are doing thier thing for co2 emissions which i concede, a simple test for them to pass would be a step in the right direction, ive been stuck behind two cyclists when they decide they want to chat while riding and pedal two abreast weaving away and toward each other as they do, ive also been behind the cyclist pedaling in the driving rain who is actually looking down at the road all the time and weaving from pavement edge to white line in the middle of the road, and i've been on the end of car panel damage by a cyclist at traffic lights who after scraping his handlebars all down the side of my car decided he suddenly wanted to take a shorts cut down a pathway between some houses never to be seen again.

A simple test aimed at motorists to examine what they know about what the law says about cycles wouldn't half thin out the traffic on the roads, and be a hell of alot bigger contribution to road safety in the UK...

It's more the bicyclists than the motor cyclists that do my head in... They're always right over in the road rather than alongside the pavement - which is a pain on a 40mph road and there's other motorists up your backside thinking you're a slow driver!

See my above post. :rolleyes:

Car drivers aren't usually the ones trying to overtake other cars when the car in front is already indicating to turn right, or shooting into dense moving traffic just inches off the front bumper, or squeezing through the tightest of spaces.

Possibly.

That has nothing to do with the fact that in any cyclist/PTW/ vehicle RTA it is the driver who is usually at fault.

Think about it, cyclists and motorbike riders don't have the protection of a steel cage so they have a natural disinclination to collide with anything.

Possibly.

That has nothing to do with the fact that in any cyclist/PTW/ vehicle RTA it is the driver who is usually at fault.

Think about it, cyclists and motorbike riders don't have the protection of a steel cage so they have a natural disinclination to collide with anything.

It would be a good idea for them to stop riding around like their wearing the Ironman suit then.

I didn't like the group of 3 cyclists I saw recently who started off riding on the right side of the road, with the direction of traffic, then one of them decided to ride across the road onto the opposite pavement. They were then weaving across the road, I kept looking at them instead of at the road ahead because I didn't know where they were going next.

And they weren't kids either.

I have a question - are horseriders allowed to drive two abreast? I know cyclists aren't so I assumed the same is true. I encountered this recently on a lane which is only just wide enough for two-way traffic. Because the horses were walking side by side (on a road which has blind corners) I could not pass them. It was frustrating, but I did not want to scare the horses, after all its not their fault!

A simple test aimed at motorists to examine what they know about what the law says about cycles wouldn't half thin out the traffic on the roads, and be a hell of alot bigger contribution to road safety in the UK...

so its ok for cyclists when they come to a red light to either ignore them and turn left or convieniently jump the kerb onto the pavement pop back onto the road after the lights/crossing, and i bet if cycle riders had to pay some sort of tax and insurance like the rest of us that wouldnt half thin the cyclists out aswell

Archived