First dance or no first dance

My htb is not a dancer at all but I (unfortuantely for him) am a dance teacher so the first dance in kinda expected. I like the idea of having an intimate 30 seconds in the middle of such a busy day. We are just going to have a nice slow sway (we picked one of the James Bond movies sound tracks as he could relate to that a bit more) but i think it can go on for ages so i asked a few couple friends of mine to come and start dancing too in like the second verse to break it up and take some of the attention away from us again.

But that sais i agree with everyone else. If you don't feel comfy doing it then don't!

:)

• 1 month later...

hi,

Can anyone recommend a private dance tutor to help me (and fiancee) with our first dance.

We are not looking for anything too elaborate, just help do something more than a shuffle.

we are happy to travel but ideally something closer to S8 or the city centre.

thank you

Its not near you sadly, but we used http://www.dance-in-time.co.uk/ , a husband and wife team who offer private lessons to teach wedding dances.

It was definetely one of my favourite things about my wedding, mainly because of the shock everybody got when they saw my husband dancing! (no he wasn't that bad, he just doesnt usually DO dancing :hihi:)

The lessons themselves were great fun too, they enabled us to spend some time together away from the usual routines.

Here at City Limits on Penistone Road we offer a Wedding Package - which is arrange between yourselves and the teacher assigned to you. You get three 1 hour lessons to choreograph and practice a routine to your own chosen song. The cost is £75 for the three lessons, and you can back follow up lessons nearer the big day. If you are interested please call us 01142344866!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We had dance lessons for our first dance! Had Danielle from city limits

highly reccomend, the dance was perfect, simple but wow'd the crowd, only had 3 1 hour lessons (with a bit of practace inbetween at home!)

My opinion is that you should have a first dance.

We had a first dance, and had lessons at Citylimits (with Jayne) to do a structured one.

It was the best thing we could have done and we both really really enjoyed it. My Husband also enjoyed the lessons, although he didnt think he would.

We danced to Ave Marie - Beyonce (we also had the classical version sang in church) and did a rumba style dance. :)

Archived