Is Piccollos (West Street) any good?

diamond123

has anyone been? its the little one with an upstairs aswell just by varsity on west streer?

we are wanting to go for a nice but inexpensive italian tonight. we usually go to pizza volante or vittorias and are alwasy pleased with both but wanted to try something different.

any reviews on piccollos? or other suggestions welcome

Been a couple of times, not really very remarkable.

Tbh, just average italian food at slightly above average prices.

If you're a fan of pizza volante, try La Gondola of Divison St - they've always been good when I've been previously.

hi we decided to be lazy and stay in but are still planning to visit soon.

i have tried la gondola on carver street on a recommendation before but i found the decor tacky and the food below average but not uneatable.

i have been to ask but wanted somehwere that wasnt a chain/frachise

i might give it a go if no one has had a bad experience and make my own mind up

La Gondola is dreadful. We asked to take half a pizza home once only to be told 'we're not a takeaway'. They reluctantly wrapped it in some foil and kitchen roll - we binned it shortly after leaving.

I think Arula summarises Piccollo's quite well, nice but average for the money.

K'Pasa is always worth a punt. :)

I would say that Picollo's is slightly (though not a lot) better than has been advertised here. Though I have a soft spot for the place, the fact is that there are far better Italians in Sheffield.

As to alternatives mentioned here, K Pasa is overpriced for certain and Pizza Volante... I refuse to comment on this abomination...

Archived