Would these things aid my Council Housing Application

I am going to be putting in an application in this week for Council Housing.

I am hoping that these details below will aid in my application but i'm not sure, Maybe someone could give me their opinion and some advice.

Ok firstly i am a single parent and i am going to start to struggle paying all of my rent in future, Basically my property is around £550 per month, It has 2 bedrooms, I am paid £440 per month by Housing Benefit so this leaves £110 a month spare.

I can no longer afford to pay £110 per month in rent from the benefits i receive, I was receiving some help but now i am receiving no help at all.

I have asked my landlord to reduce the rent although that was refused not surprisingly.

Secondly, I suffer from medical problems such as Asthma, Panic Attacks & Anxiety Disorder i have also been suffering from a fatigue problem for quite some time possibly Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but only my GP can tell me this, I have 2 sets of stairs in my flat, One set as soon as you enter the property and not only does it make me out of breath climbing that set of stairs it's made worse by my fatigue problem.

Thirdly i live 5 miles away from my child's school, The reason for this is when i separated from my ex partner my child was just about to start nursery and also my child has brothers who attend the same school and it would have been wrong to unsettle my child and make them change schools.

There are 2 sometimes 3 days a week when i don't have my child as my ex has my child as we sort of share custody although i am the one my child lives with me and i am the one that claims child tax credits and child benefit for my child, It takes me an hour to get to the school and this also costs me a lot of money which is another reason why my money is so tight.

I am struggling with the rent plus my health isn't very good and the school being far away isn't ideal at all.

Please advise.

Archived