Has the flag of St George been recaptured from the far-right?

..and here's a link mel from Lincolnshire Police of 28th May, funny how the people who get so irate about flags being banned never read things like this:

http://www.lincs.police.uk/News-Centre/Press-Releases/28-05-2010-Lincolnshire-Police-Look-Forward-To-A-Trouble-Free-World-Cup.html

That sort never like to let mere facts get in the way of a good rant.

I appreciate that not having any knowledge / background on a particular subject rarely stops you but what the hell do you know about football culture? May be you're just bitter that you missed out on a business opportunity to off-load some more tat?;)

I ask this question as I see loads of asian taxi drivers with Engand flags on their cars this World Cup, this would have been unthinkable not too many years ago as the flag had been hijacked by fascist groups like the BNP and NF (and more recently EDL). I think it is a very encouraging sign that they are now integrating more into the UK.:cool:
And your op has to do with football culture, how exactly? :huh:

And your op has to do with football culture, how exactly? :huh:

Perhaps it was something to do with the fact that he refers to the World Cup?

(Y'know, well known football competition, cross of St George everywhere you look?)

I ask this question as I see loads of asian taxi drivers with Engand flags on their cars this World Cup, this would have been unthinkable not too many years ago as the flag had been hijacked by fascist groups like the BNP and NF (and more recently EDL).

I think it is a very encouraging sign that they are now integrating more into the UK.:cool:

Not aware that it was ever hijacked although the pro-immigration class was definitely out to undermine as is the EU.

If those type of people want to consign it to the dustbin then why shouldn’t the BNP resurrect it?

Not aware that it was ever hijacked although the pro-immigration class was definitely out to undermine as is the EU.

If those type of people want to consign it to the dustbin then why shouldn’t the BNP resurrect it?

Because plenty of us understand why people went to war rather than allow a certain 'class' of people access to the inner workings of our society, flags and all.

Archived