Has the flag of St George been recaptured from the far-right?

On a side note: one reason I like the World Cup is that i love the idea of black people representing England. Every racist in the country will be filled with loathing at the idea.

i dont think they notice tbh.........too stupid

No you didn't, you are lying, taxis are not allowed to fly the flags.

If you ever get away from posting garbage on here you will see loads of black cabs (driven by asians) with England flags on. Since started the thread been in town for a few jars and seen many more flying the flag.

As I've always suspected, you need to get out a bit more. Maybe you could arrange a night out for you serapis, Banginman and Toytown Phil (currently Geekfreak)?:rolleyes::cool:

I disagree. They don't have exclusivity but they are willing to try and abuse it for their own means. The far-right are attempting to link country and race when they link the icon of flag with their beliefs.

Maybe we are arguing the same point here; the racists will try to do this. For you it fails and for others they may wish to "claim it back".

On a side note: one reason I like the World Cup is that i love the idea of black people representing England. Every racist in the country will be filled with loathing at the idea.

I agree. Slightly off topic. What makes me laugh is these sad groups that you find on FB about if the England flag ( :rolleyes: ) offends you go back to your own country. They going to tell the Black football players to go back too? & tell Fabio Capello to stop managing them. These scum do not know their right to their left yet make such preposterous claims.

No you didn't, you are lying, taxis are not allowed to fly the flags.

One last night outside the Hallamshire on Commonside. Fixed firmly on the roof. If they're held in place by the back windows they could be a danger (like in any car) - you've only to accidentally hit the wrong button.

On a side note: one reason I like the World Cup is that i love the idea of black people representing England.
Where on earth do you live that it's such a big deal to you? It's a weird thought for anyone to have :huh: Do you really go round making a big thing of people's skin colour?

Do you think the same everytime you see a black athlete or a black soldier, or a black politician? You must spend a lot of time being delighted, is all I can say. Bizarre!

Where on earth do you live that it's such a big deal to you? It's a weird thought for anyone to have :huh: Do you really go round making a big thing of people's skin colour?

Do you think the same everytime you see a black athlete or a black soldier, or a black politician? You must spend a lot of time being delighted, is all I can say. Bizarre!

I didn't get that either :confused: but thought I'd let it pass. I'm glad to see anybody represent their country, regardless of skin colour.

Archived