Has the flag of St George been recaptured from the far-right?

national pride equals knuckle draggers? wrong

I think Funky Gibbon was referring to people who subscribed to this:

"Just as they did when they bandied about the lie that the flag had been banned so as not to 'offend' minorities. Thinly-veiled racist cobblers designed to cause anger against minorities"

I've seen flags in asian shops, takeaways and on cars driven by asians ( not taxi drivers )!!!???.... Whats the big deal?

I can't say I had noticed...but then I haven't been keeping a special eye out for Asian taxi drivers just to check up on them to see if they're flying the flag....very strange behaviour!

Where on earth do you live that it's such a big deal to you? It's a weird thought for anyone to have :huh: Do you really go round making a big thing of people's skin colour?
You'd be surprised ruby, a large proportion of people seem to be more interested in my skin colour than they are my good looks, wit & repartee :hihi:

I think Funky Gibbon was referring to people who subscribed to this:

"Just as they did when they bandied about the lie that the flag had been banned so as not to 'offend' minorities. Thinly-veiled racist cobblers designed to cause anger against minorities"

And of course, what is a handful of idiots who believe that nonesense is never greatly exageratted by the lefties.

I can't say I had noticed...but then I haven't been keeping a special eye out for Asian taxi drivers just to check up on them to see if they're flying the flag....very strange behaviour!

That's what all these sensational stories do scuba, they put ethnic minorities in a defensive mode. It's not just white folks that read the daft stories about Xmas/flags/blackboards being banned because immigrants/black/Muslims don't like them.

So they could be forgiven for highlighting the instances where far from being offended they embrace those elements of British culture.

It's a shame such behaviour is necessary, but I've seen many times on here and elsewhere, people saying they dont integrate enough, denounce terrorism loudly enough or park their cars well enough.

You'd be surprised ruby, a large proportion of people seem to be more interested in my skin colour than they are my good looks, wit & repartee :hihi:
My bold

Thank goodness for Tena Lady!! :hihi:

One last night outside the Hallamshire on Commonside. Fixed firmly on the roof. If they're held in place by the back windows they could be a danger (like in any car) - you've only to accidentally hit the wrong button.

Not if you haven't got electric windows! Not all cars have them in the back, and mine are all manual.

I'd have thought most cars which have full electric windows will have a switch to turn off all the passengers' windows so that children etc. cannot mess about opening and shutting the windows while you are driving.

The poster for Mercury Taxis shows a taxi with an England flag.

So they could be forgiven for highlighting the instances where far from being offended they embrace those elements of British culture.
I don't think they are highlighting anything. I think they are just getting about their business like the rest of us, flying a flag if they want and not flying one if they don't.

I get the impression that the OP is another melthebell who is obsessed with Muslims and what they do and don't do. I could be wrong, of course, in which case I will stand corrected. :)

Archived