Has the flag of St George been recaptured from the far-right?

I went through Darnall on the 52 earlier. I didn't see one England flag on display. It got me thinking and I came up with 3 possible reasons:

a) The Asian community don't identify with the English flag as it has been perceived as a symbol of the far right.

b) The people living there associate more with the country their families come from, e.g. Pakistan etc.

c) They don't like football.

I'm veering towards the latter, but suspect it is a mixture of all 3.

Thoughts?

I live on a predominantly white street and don't see any flags on display either. Neither a, b or c apply to me, nor, I suspect to may other people on the street - we just don't particularly need/want flags in the window.

I live on a predominantly white street and don't see any flags on display either. Neither a, b or c apply to me, nor, I suspect to may other people on the street - we just don't particularly need/want flags in the window.

Me too. It was just an observation. I think in any other area of sheffield on a road that long I would have seen at least the odd flag dotted about.

I can always rely on you easty :hihi: You'll be pleased to know that the leopard skins have been replaced with a skimpy St George number in bri-nylon, they'll drive the girls wild-I'll tell thee! :D Ps the brandy boys should do hen parties ;)

the brandy boys do...and we dont get a look in....mind you funny the other night when they were all outside taking in some fresh air..:hihi:..i went out and told them we were not in 70s south africa and they were allowed to drink with the white man....they fell about laughing....:hihi::hihi:

if everyone lived like the watch we'd never have any bother...well only with the low life of our society....have you heard that one about the tea leaf who gets tied up and gets doused with water from a petrol can....the stink was frightening..:hihi::hihi:

You'd probably find it in a similar ratio to what English ex pats do when their host country is playing in a cricket tournament ;)

If the expats still hold British passports such as those living in the EU, I can understand why they would still support England. What I don’t understand is why those who come to the UK for a better life insist on supporting teams from the home they left behind.

If the expats still hold British passports such as those living in the EU, I can understand why they would still support England. What I don’t understand is why those who come to the UK for a better life insist on supporting teams from the home they left behind.

You should see the 'colonial' and ex pat communities in the Caribbean serapis (who went there for a better life), they live perfectly happily alongside the 'native' community, but are still ferociously proud of their British ancestry/history and support British teams and Caribbean ones when they're participating in sporting events.

the brandy boys do...and we dont get a look in....mind you funny the other night when they were all outside taking in some fresh air..:hihi:..i went out and told them we were not in 70s south africa and they were allowed to drink with the white man....they fell about laughing....:hihi::hihi:

if everyone lived like the watch we'd never have any bother...well only with the low life of our society....

Agree with that fella, too much time spent contemplating navels, rather than getting on with living together!

have you heard that one about the tea leaf who gets tied up and gets doused with water from a petrol can....the stink was frightening..:hihi::hihi:

I can imagine it emanated from involuntary bottom burps?? ;)

Archived