Why am I never satisfied with life, but many people are.

You're 23. Give it a few years, I'm pretty sure how you see things and the expectations you have from life will change.

In the mean time do something about it. You've had plenty of hints and tips from people and you seem to be in a position to head in any direction you choose if you try hard enough.

Until you've tried really living and not just owning things and knowing things, you're not in a position to decide whether or not life is worth it.

The world is a big place, go out and make your mark on it.

Happiness is something that comes from within. It doesnt necessarily come from having a job, a car or a girlfriend, though these things can help.

To me happiness comes from a satisfaction that each day I made a difference and when I go to sleep at night, I usually know that I have made a difference to someone .

It is also about not being hard on yourself and giving yourself small rewards for doing something hard or sacrificing something.

I always feel happy when I am in my garden as it is so beautiful and full of colour. I feel happy when I have peace and quiet( which doesnt happen very often:roll)

Maybe you need to sit down and remember the times when you were truly happy and think how that happened.

Make a list of things you enjoy and try to ensure that you build these things in to your week.

Anyway as many others have said, if you have the opportunity to travel this is always wise at a youngish age as too many other things get in the way when you are middle aged like me!

Archived