Memories of Woodthorpe area

Maureen

are you related to eileen turner? she was in the swimming team with me in the mid 60's,i think she lived on kilvington road

i depoix late late reply knew all teachers u mention i swam 4 the school squadron team with ronnie lingard brian smith [kippers] mr hardy was in charge of the baths then

As a new member to the Sheffield Forum, I came across this website accidentally and have throughly enjoyed reading about teachers/pupils from Woodthorpe School. Many names I too remember ... Mr Sallis, Mr Jennings, Miss Clark (PE teacher) and of course, Mr Frost. I also remember a student teacher called Miss Crisp; she had no control over our class (or any other as I recall) and we must have made her life a misery. Mr Lyons, the swimming coach was a wonderful man and during one of my few visits back to Sheffield, was shocked to discover the swimming pool no longer exists! I was part of the swimming team comprising of Nancy Smith, Margaret Jones, Christine Wilson and myself, Diane Turner in the late 1950's.

i cary just a few more teachers bassam stuart hall fancied domestic science teacher and the big music teacher use 2 slipper ur pupils birch staniforth davies keen harrison russell crossland crap goalie whitely lasses alice walker webster tindle hardy mcgowen shiela ulley may queen just few

Archived