Memories of Woodthorpe area

Maureen

Originally posted by courtneychar

my dad was born on woodthorp do anyone know the underhays

I still have relatives on the woodthorpe and I remember the Underhays I went to school with Russ. I lived on fishponds Road West. I had a great uncle who worked at the woodthorpe mine. I drove passed the springwood and saw a sign up for sale. Was I seeing things. I understand that timmy rippon has been nicked and looks like doing time and the word is he is crapping himself.

she is i got them the limo at there weding i dint go cos i was ill did u go i go to her house all the time sammy babysits for me whats your name i will tell her we been chating

Hi C just pm you

she is i got them the limo at there weding i dint go cos i was ill did u go i go to her house all the time sammy babysits for me whats your name i will tell her we been chating

Hi CC did you see our Debs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by depoix

i remember ten town,i used to live up the road from it on holbrook road,went to woodthorpe school any one remember mr sallis,he used to stand on a chair to cane you and always called you a pikehand.whatever that may be....in the winter we used to sledge from st theresas all the way down the field to the spring wood...my first pint was in the high noon pub.years ago but seems like yesterday...cheers..a tyrrell

Iremember Mr sallis , little bloke big attitude im also off Holbrook are you related to the late Ivy

Originally posted by sliver

Iremember Mr sallis , little bloke big attitude im also off Holbrook are you related to the late Ivy

yes,...my mum,she lived at number 4,holbrook rd. would have been her birthday last friday

i remember mr sallis taught maths and re. i always thought he was a great man a good teacher i cant remember him cane anyone in our class. my class teacher was mr jennings taught geography and i also remember mr barrat taught art and history i think.can remember most of my class in 1968 when i was 13 and then i left to go to hurlfield.

pete and mick smith, graham walker, stephen knowles, stephen spooner, stephen underhay, stephen piggott, raymond mcdermott, mick naylor, lesley leach, john marshall, john fothergill, kenneth johnson,julie kelly, linda greenwood, pauline eaton,ann ambler, lorraine cox, susan pickering, josie woodall, valerie taylor, betty shaw, and me carol oxley.

Archived