Man charged with 30 counts of assault on a minor given 33 months minimum

I find this odd. A man I know of, admitted guilty to 30 counts of sexual assault on an underage girl from the age of 12 (Monday June 7th) .. but he's not sentenced until next month! (He has been given a minimum of 2 years in prison)

Am wondering why? Perhaps they are lining em up as the prisons are so full - we'll just keep you out till we have a space and all that?

I find this odd. A man I know of, admitted guilty to 30 counts of sexual assault on an underage girl from the age of 12 (Monday June 7th) .. but he's not sentenced until next month! (He has been given a minimum of 2 years in prison)

Am wondering why? Perhaps they are lining em up as the prisons are so full - we'll just keep you out till we have a space and all that?

Confused by your post Saffy, he's been convicted, but not sentenced? If that's the case he could well have been granted bail pending pre sentence reports, that would be perfectly normal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived