Man charged with 30 counts of assault on a minor given 33 months minimum

And I hope that a lifetime of being followed and monitored by police while he's on the sex offender register will follow his eventual release from prison, which should be longer than 33 months away.

And I hope that a lifetime of being followed and monitored by police while he's on the sex offender register will follow his eventual release from prison, which should be longer than 33 months away.

Assuming he turns up to be jailed.

I saw a documentary not so long ago regarding the "monitoring" of offenders on the sex offender register. It just did not happen.

• 4 weeks later...
If he's now been tried and sentenced surely the details of the offender and the offence should be freely available in the public domain?

Not necessarily in a case of this nature given the need to protect the victim. Even if it is in the public domain and could be found with some effort, I think forum users would agree that a degree of sensitivity should be exercised.

Archived