Herbal sedatives suitable for dogs?

Moonbird

As Willow will only sleep for around 4 hours a night I wondered if it might work to give her a herbal Kalms tablet to break the habit, does anyone know if there is anything that might work? I am hoping that after her season she will settle down naturally.

As Willow will only sleep for around 4 hours a night I wondered if it might work to give her a herbal Kalms tablet to break the habit, does anyone know if there is anything that might work? I am hoping that after her season she will settle down naturally.

I not heard the kalms sleep tablets to actually work on a human never mind a dog, but its herbal so it wouldnt do any harm in trying i guess,

Maybe an extra or extended walk/run about before bed?

Would be very interested to hear about this as both Tank and Daisy are like babies, in the sense of they wake every 2-3 hours and as im now 7 months pregnant I would LOVE some good sleep before the baby comes and keeps me up too!

I not heard the kalms sleep tablets to actually work on a human never mind a dog, but its herbal so it wouldnt do any harm in trying i guess,

Maybe an extra or extended walk/run about before bed?

They work on me in fact I tend not to take them because I find it hard to wake up the next day :hihi:

I agree about the exercise but she is in season and its not easy walking her around here as there are so many dogs about, she is at the very whiney restless stage, and is only sleeping a few hours.

I'm not wanting to harm her or drug her up poor thing just to help her relax so that we can all get a good nights sleep.

Thank you for your input Godzilla and Terminator, I could make her a herb bag and sit it on top of the crate so she cant eat it, got lots of rosemary but only peppermint essence that you put in food :hihi: I will try that too.

I was wondering if they make herbal things specially for dogs Godzilla, just I have Kalms to hand, I have looked all over the net and there doesn't seem anything in there that can harm her, I'm just scared to do it :hihi:

kate1984 poor you how on earth do you cope like that? what do they do when they wake up?

Thank you for your input Godzilla and Terminator, I could make her a herb bag and sit it on top of the crate so she cant eat it, got lots of rosemary but only peppermint essence that you put in food :hihi: I will try that too.

I was wondering if they make herbal things specially for dogs Godzilla, just I have Kalms to hand, I have looked all over the net and there doesn't seem anything in there that can harm her, I'm just scared to do it :hihi:

kate1984 poor you how on earth do you cope like that? what do they do when they wake up?

There is some herbil things but not sure were you would get them seen them before from china and india i think have you asked lotti

Moonbird - They grumble to each other a bit and then it sounds like they are tap dancing in there crates, so i get them out, let them have a tiddle a drink and a little cuddle then back in bed, im up only about 10 mins but they have done since being pups.

strange thing is, i have raised the bullies exactly the same as my lovely staff luna and she goes in her bed at 10:30pm and sleeps straight on her back with her legs open till about 7am... not a peep all night!

There is some herbil things but not sure were you would get them seen them before from china and india i think have you asked lotti
try rescue remedy they sell it in tesco and you put the drops in water ive heard alot of people say good things about it with anxiety and its all natural

Archived