Which should i try papa cicios or vitos?

diamond123

wanting to try a new italian restaurant (and am off the idea of piccolos on my prev post my sis has just told me she was unimpressed and we have similar taste. )

these 2 restaurants seem to both get mentioned a lot which should i try and why?

we went to papa cicios and will def visit again. it was really quite full even on a monday night which i think is always a good sign. nothing swish your typical old style italian restaurant deco but food and service really good. nice cosy atmosphere made welcome. reasonably high priced i think? but worth it as the fillet steak was the best i have ever tasted! and absolutley huge portions and i eat a lot!

papacicios used to be one of our favourite restaurants when we first moved to fulwood back in 2001 as you could take your own wine , the atmosphere was great (although decor a little quirky) and the food was really good.

However it seemed to change hands in maybe 2004/5 (was originally run by a very friendly husband and wife I think and she may have been Spanish rather than Italian?) and the quality went downhill and the prices went up...

Last time we went a few years back it was really disappointing and , apart from the saving on the wine , wasnt good value.

Tried Vitos for the first time a few weeks back (based on lots of good reviews on SF) and was equally disappointed - see my post here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6259666#post6259666

If anyone can tell me papaciccios is back to the standards in 2000-2004 then I may give them one more chance , otherwise I can only recommend Milanos for a decent Italian meal.

i think that vittorias on west street pips papa cicios to the post food wise but thats my opinion. however the food at papa cicios was nice not the best not the worst i have ever had. the waiter was nice and friendly. like i said i did think it was pricey but i enjoyed what i ordered so didnt mind paying. i think milanos yes may have good food but the pretencious snobs that occupy the tables make me give it a miss plus it is way expensive for non special occasion

Archived