Wireless Network

Looking at changing my current home network to Wireless, if anyone out there has any experience of wireless Lan's can you let me know the following ...

Good Makes / Models

Speeds / Distance

Can I watch movies / Listen to music over wireless? without a reduction in quality?

Any information would be great!

Cheers

Originally posted by jjrobbins

Looking at changing my current home network to Wireless, if anyone out there has any experience of wireless Lan's can you let me know the following ...

Good Makes / Models

Speeds / Distance

Can I watch movies / Listen to music over wireless? without a reduction in quality?

Any information would be great!

Cheers

I'm using a Netgear ME102 wireless point. The quality is excellent, especially coupled with a Netgear wireless card on my laptop. I get a good signal throughout my home and garden with no problems. Take the distance figures manufacturers quote with a large pinch of salt!

I was surprised to find two other wireless networks near my house - both unencrypted. So make sure you make use of the WEP encryption feature to protect your data and internet connection.

Archived