Young shop assistants calling you mate or pal! Gets my back up!

I suppose I could say that corporal punishment in schools never did me any harm (apart from giving me a lifelong grievance against my metalwork teacher), but then again, the lack of corporal punishment has not done my daughter any harm, and has probably had a beneficial effect.

I enjoyed reading your post 'sux. I like some one with a sense of humour. :thumbsup:

I think the problem is that the youth of today (lower class youth) don't seem to have any respect for anyone. This has been born out of their parents hatred for anyone above them (bosses, managers etc...).

These youth's spit back at the system by being patronising to paying customers.

I may be considerably better off than you, but if I were to meet you as a client at your place of work, I would show you the same respect as I would expect from you.

That's my opinion anyway. :)

So you think that having money makes you a better person do you??

I would like to bet that I'm even berrer off than you are, but I still wouldn't expect to be called Sir by some kid in a shop selling WD40! What's wrong with you man? Are you a complete fruit loop or what?

If you ask me it's the sopilt posh upper class kids that are rude obnoxious brats & trust me I have met a lot of them in my line of work!!

I cringe when sales assistants (particularly when they are older than I am) insist on calling me "sir" and I'd much prefer one to use "pal" or "mate", if it means they are actually engaging with me, rather than having do deal with those who don't listen to what I am saying, don't look at me when talking to me, or who carry on chatting to someone else while serving me. Informal, interested, mutual respect is what I like. What I don't like is having to tell someone three times that I already have a bag, thank you.

Then when you start to pack, they say "That bag will cost you 10p pal"!!

Best idea I have heard so far!

Bringing back corporal punishment in schools wouldn't be a bad idea either. Never did me any harm.

I like your train of thought Suff' 1. :thumbsup:

Yeah, cos hitting kids is really productive isn't it!?! & it obviously has done you some harm, it's turned you into a right wing stuck up fool!

So you think that having money makes you a better person do you??

I would like to bet that I'm even berrer off than you are, but I still wouldn't expect to be called Sir by some kid in a shop selling WD40! What's wrong with you man? Are you a complete fruit loop or what?

If you ask me it's the sopilt posh upper class kids that are rude obnoxious brats & trust me I have met a lot of them in my line of work!!

Whats with the selling of WD40? Have you read the post properly Sir? :hihi::hihi: ;)

Yeah, cos hitting kids is really productive isn't it!?! & it obviously has done you some harm, it's turned you into a right wing stuck up fool!

Quite right Bonzo.

I take your comments on board. :);)

OK, something you would use to lubricate the chain on the bike! It's not important though is it??

I agree with you again Bonzo. Nothing in this thread is important in the grand scheme of things is it? :)

Quite right Bonzo.

I take your comments on board. :);)

I take it you would be quite happy with your children comming home in treas because the teacher threw the chalk board rubber at his/her head would you? you sicko!:loopy:

Thankfuly, I sold my retail outlets off and no longer have to deal with the great unwashed.:hihi:

If I were to do the same again though, I would vet my staff very carefuly.

Anyone that didn't know how to conduct themselves on a professional level would be out on their ear.

This country is already in tatters, Why give way to what is happening around us. Am I the only one who thinks that we can rescue what generations before us have worked for?

You're not Gerald Ratner are you?:hihi:

Archived