Young shop assistants calling you mate or pal! Gets my back up!

Ok so he called you pal and mate whilst serving you.

Hardly worthy of being referred to as a 'spotty faced, **** sure pratt' is it?

And you say he had no manners or respect....

But he was.

I, however, Am not his mate or pal. I am sir.

Good morning sir, how may I help you. Perhaps before your time.

But he was.

I, however, Am not his mate or pal. I am sir.

Good morning sir, how may I help you. Perhaps before your time.

Seriously? I hate all that formality and deference and it's a pleasant change to served by a friendly shop assistant, especially after having lived in London and Paris.

Give the poor lad a break.

Nah then me 'owd...Upsell or not he was right about WD-40 being a poor choice of coating for your chain though..it's a water displacer, not a lubricant. First time I ever saw it used (when it had the old "rocket" can) was being used by my dad, when he was servicing old valve TV sets.

He should have said "a water displacer" rather than "water based" though love

Something else you may not realise matey..A proper chain lubricant doesn't put a thick coat on the links of the chain, rather a thin application works into the pins and rollers.

Top moneysaving tip for you squire: Chain lube for motorbike and cycle chains, and a chain degreser spray for stripping old lube and other crud from a used chain - 99p a can in Lidl One drawer in my shed is full of the stuff as the same stuff branded in a "cycling" brand is 5x the price.

I don't doubt that the top stuff like Finish Line is far better but the lubes in Lidl are far more suitable than WD-40 or GT-85 and cheaper than anything in Halfords. Hope this helps, pal! ;)

Give the lad a break mate :hihi: at least he is working and earning a decent living. Is it really that much of a bad thing that you got called pal or mate? Or are you just wanting a reason to rant?

Its a good think he isn't working for me isn't it. :)

Seriously? I hate all that formality and deference and it's a pleasant change to served by a friendly shop assistant, especially after having lived in London and Paris.

Give the poor lad a break.

i hate it to, would much rather pal or mate

think now a days if you expect someone to refer to you as sir then you see them as being worth less than you are. :(

Ok so he called you pal and mate whilst serving you.

Hardly worthy of being referred to as a 'spotty faced, **** sure pratt' is it?

And you say he had no manners or respect....

Coming from a D C Cook "lyin' son of a biatch", what should we expect !!!:mad:

I once picked up the phone and asked of a customer "What's up with you now you bloody nuisance!"

I had been told that it was an internal call when the phone was passed to me - crossed wires meant that someone internal had passed a customer to me.

The elderly-sounding chap saw the funny side and conceeded that he could indeed be be a bloody nuisance

Archived