Young shop assistants calling you mate or pal! Gets my back up!

Seriously? I hate all that formality and deference and it's a pleasant change to served by a friendly shop assistant, especially after having lived in London and Paris.

Give the poor lad a break.

I gave him a break, I didn't skuttle off to his manager and snitch on him.

After reading your post about London and Paris, perhaps I should have snitched, you know, nip it in the bud so to speak.

I used to work with customers daily and always felt strange calling them sir madam love mate etc..... unless they were indeed my mates :D. But I just used to say, yes please what can I get you. Some people do find it offensive so I kept quiet for an easier life. Although to be called a sir or madam is a bit 'up yourself' in my opinion.

i hate it to, would much rather pal or mate

think now a days if you expect someone to refer to you as sir then you see them as being worth less than you are. :(

I call all my clients sir or madam out of respect. My bank balance is more healthy than at least 30% of them. Don't really get your point!?

I call all my clients sir or madam out of respect. My bank balance is more healthy than at least 30% of them. Don't really get your point!?

I hate being referred to thus, it's so antiquated and is reminiscent of a time when only the wealthy could afford to shop outside of the basics.

I used to work with customers daily and always felt strange calling them sir madam love mate etc..... unless they were indeed my mates :D. But I just used to say, yes please what can I get you. Some people do find it offensive so I kept quiet for an easier life. Although to be called a sir or madam is a bit 'up yourself' in my opinion.

Polite and to the point, very good missflirtuk. :thumbsup:

see post 22 and 24 they both say exactly what my post was refering to!

Polite and to the point, very good missflirtuk. :thumbsup:
I didn't want to make anyone have a go at me and say I am your better you call me this or something. And as most of them were older than me it felt even more patronising towards them.

Although to be called a sir or madam is a bit 'up yourself' in my opinion.

i agree with this!

so are you saying that you see your self as being above 70% of them :suspect:

I hate being referred to thus, it's so antiquated and is reminiscent of a time when only the wealthy could afford to shop outside of the basics.

again i agree with this

So you agree then :thumbsup:

dont agree with your opinion though no, maybe read properly in furture!

Archived