Young shop assistants calling you mate or pal! Gets my back up!

first of i believe the 'bird' used as a pet name is duck not ****, and i have no interest in going to harrods im not that stuck up that i need to waste money on over inflated prices

I don't blame you, it's a horrible stuffy place. However, the point is, no one would address you like that in Harrods because it's a place for tourists and people who enjoy the snob value and expect to be treated with deference (and I use the word deference rather than respect). The same cannot be said for Halfords.

Im sure youve served me sarah.:)

I probably have..:)

But there are two of us Sarahs working in our bakery now so it may have been the other Sarah..

I'm the tallest one that wears the blue uniform, not the bakers whites.. :)

Seriously? I hate all that formality and deference and it's a pleasant change to served by a friendly shop assistant, especially after having lived in London and Paris.

Give the poor lad a break.

The question is...which leg?

Sensible words though.

I don't blame you, it's a horrible stuffy place. However, the point is, no one would address you like that in Harrods because it's a place for tourists and people who enjoy the snob value and expect to be treated with deference (and I use the word deference rather than respect). The same cannot be said for Halfords.

i hate 99% of london i spent 16 years there and no only go back to see family on an occasional visit, imo most of london is full of over inflated prices and pompous people!

Perhaps we should addressing him as 'Sir' or 'Squire'?:hihi::hihi:

And don't forget to keep your eyes lowered to show your lower station in life :hihi:

Times they are a changing, falpere, and you can either move with them or sit in a dusty corner feeling slighted by the modern way of doing things.

Archived