Young shop assistants calling you mate or pal! Gets my back up!

Which I found rude! ;)
Don't ever come in my shop, you'll be apoplectic by the time you leave. :D

I call my customers by a variety of pet names and endearments depending on how much I like them, how old/young, good looking or pleasant they are. If they don't like it, presumably they take their valuable custom elsewhere. :(

I like it in the West Country when some local says to me "All right my lover?" Miles better than being called duck, **** or mate, you have to admit.

It's ironic that being called '****' by the staff at Harrods would cause you offence! :hihi:;)

first of all where did i say i'd take offence? i said the bird in which is used as a pet name is duck not ****,

at the end of the day i live my life in the year 2010, work for me involves dealing with boxers, i refer to them as hun,pal,mate,love or darling none of them see them selfs as a sir and the terms sir and madam are never used by me as imo there out dated and can often be seen as offensive

if by your post you were trying to suggest that i was a '****' then i suggest you grow up take a long hard look in the mirror take a deep breath then come to terms with the fact that not everyone does or will agree with you, if that is a fact in which you do not like i suggest you do not communicate with others in the future, this is a public forum for all to to air there view and trying to slyly call some a **** for doing so really does show what a low life you are!

first of all where did i say i'd take offence? i said the bird in which is used as a pet name is duck not ****,

at the end of the day i live my life in the year 2010, work for me involves dealing with boxers, i refer to them as hun,pal,mate,love or darling none of them see them selfs as a sir and the terms sir and madam are never used by me as imo there out dated and can often be seen as offensive

if by your post you were trying to suggest that i was a '****' then i suggest you grow up take a long hard look in the mirror take a deep breath then come to terms with the fact that not everyone does or will agree with you, if that is a fact in which you do not like i suggest you do not communicate with others in the future, this is a public forum for all to to air there view and trying to slyly call some a **** for doing so really does show what a low life you are!

'****' is a pet name too, it's mostly used on the other side of the penines though, so I'd still be offended by his filthy Manc talk if I were you ;)

Don't ever come in my shop, you'll be apoplectic by the time you leave. :D

I call my customers by a variety of pet names and endearments depending on how much I like them, how old/young, good looking or pleasant they are. If they don't like it, presumably they take their valuable custom elsewhere. :(

I like it in the West Country when some local says to me "All right my lover?" Miles better than being called duck, **** or mate, you have to admit.

I admit it. :)

I owned and ran three retail outlets in the South East back in the late 90's. Those Southern folk got the right hump when I used to call them luv! :hihi:

You don't preface everything with 'would you believe it?' perchance?:hihi::hihi:

This is a joke thread, right?:suspect:

It's light hearted, no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist. ;)

Archived