Selling a mobile phone - Which company to use?

Hi,

I have just bought a new phone and am looking to sell my old one (Nokia 5800XpressMusic). I have looked in the classified section on here and they don't seem to be selling and don't really want to go down the Ebay route.

Has anyone used any of the companies that buy your phone - Mazuma, Envirophone etc?

What were they like and are there any that I should definately avoid. I have looked online and the reviews are very mixed so don't really know which one to go with, all are offering around the same amount for the phone.

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi,

I have just bought a new phone and am looking to sell my old one (Nokia 5800XpressMusic). I have looked in the classified section on here and they don't seem to be selling and don't really want to go down the Ebay route.

Has anyone used any of the companies that buy your phone - Mazuma, Envirophone etc?

What were they like and are there any that I should definately avoid. I have looked online and the reviews are very mixed so don't really know which one to go with, all are offering around the same amount for the phone.

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Your best option is eBay, just looked and they are selling for about £230. If you send it to one of these rip off companies like Mazooma you will get about £70 in cash or £77 in Argos vouchers!

Your best option is eBay, just looked and they are selling for about £230. If you send it to one of these rip off companies like Mazooma you will get about £70 in cash or £77 in Argos vouchers!

Selling for about £230 ? they would be brand new, CPW sell them for £199+ new, so probs would sell on ebay for around £80 to £110, depending what condition it's in, i bought one off here for £90 in brilliant condition.

P.s Just have ago at selling it on here, if no luck then proceed with ebay.

Selling for about £230 ? they would be brand new, CPW sell them for £199+ new, so probs would sell on ebay for around £80 to £110, depending what condition it's in, i bought one off here for £90 in brilliant condition.

P.s Just have ago at selling it on here, if no luck then proceed with ebay.

My bad, £230 is for the phone as new. Used phones are going for between £80 & £150! Check the completed listings!

• 2 weeks later...
i would think twice about selling to envirophone as i did that for a phone and online they offered my 90 odd pounds but when i sent it to them i only got 46 pound so like someone else has posted sell it on ebay and get ur moneys worth

Mazooma have given me £85 for my N96 and £28 for my N95 which has a cracked and broken screen.

im quite happy with that, plus it says on there website that if when you send the phone in, its not actually worth what they quoted you can have your phone back.

I was in your exact position last night, bought a phone today, I tried all the online ones and 'fonebank' topped them all.

Its only an LG cookie but the rest were offering like 40% less than fonebank.

Just done a quick check on yours, Fonebank offered £71.

Guess it's relative.

But all my phones I've sold on this kind of site, takes the stress out of selling on ebay and to second hand stores.

Plus free posting :D

Archived