Bloody Sunday enquiry

It seems as though this is a "lets all kiss the IRA's arse" report I just dont believe that everyone of the killed and wounded were so innocent and I certainly don't believe that the army were 100% to blame ,the report and Camerons speech is an insult to the para's

McGuiness says he's happy with the report..so he should be he was walking round the Bogside with a machine gun..taking up arms against the crown isn't that treachery..and now hes a MP...Charlie Bronson plays his cards right he could be PM after the next election

It seems as though this is a "lets all kiss the IRA's arse" report I just dont believe that everyone of the killed and wounded were so innocent and I certainly don't believe that the army were 100% to blame ,the report and Camerons speech is an insult to the para's

No, its an insult to a small group of individuals who decided to shoot to kill unarmed members of the public, the individuals concerned just happened to be wearing Para uniforms.

No, its an insult to a small group of individuals who decided to shoot to kill unarmed members of the public, the individuals concerned just happened to be wearing Para uniforms.

Its very easy to rewrite history years after the event and in the safety of a protected atmosphere .I remember watching the TV nearly every night with the Irish reports ,bottles and petrol bombs flying at the soldiers from all angles,pictures of 12/13 y old kids throwing said missiles,reports of women and kids dipping handkerchiefs etc into the still warm blood o of the soldiers killed by snipers ...yes its very easy to rewrite history to suit certain agendas.40 years on the violence against the Brits gets forgotten and history is rewritten by people who were probably still in nappies at the time.

Presumably you were rubbing your hands together after the earlier and now discredited Widgery inquiry?

why should I rub my hands together, I saw in the media what was happening in N Ireland I saw the lists of soldiers killed by snipers ,why should I take notice of any enquiry especially one 40 years later that for some reason seems to shift all the blame to a few soldiers who were constantly in fear of their lives over there,I notice some of the paras have come out to defend their C.O,bet it doesnt get taken any further,that might spoil someones political agenda

You prefer the 10-week-to-write Widgery report over the 10 year Saville report?

If the Widgery report was a load of crap.which has been accepted all these years,what's to say the Saville report is not in the same vein,I would tend to make more notice of fresh evidence than evidence that is nearly 40 years old

why should I take notice of any enquiry especially one 40 years later that for some reason seems to shift all the blame to a few soldiers who were constantly in fear of their lives over there

You provide a context for Bloody Sunday, not an excuse. Being afraid does not excuse shooting innocent and unharmed people. I don't think it should be a blame game. The report shows Britain has the strength to admit a mistake. It isn't "kissing the IRA's arse".

There was a man on the news this morning (a brother of someone who was shot, i believe) who was asked about taking a prosecution out, and he said it was a possibility. Peace in Northern Ireland came because people had the strength to put these things behind them. I hope this man can too, because no politician will be pinned down and that only leaves the soldiers.

Archived