Bloody Sunday enquiry

Maybe if the English hadn't occupied NI, the IRA (and associated subsidiaries) wouldn't have existed?

As far as the IRA were concerned, they were defending their homeland against an occupying force (similar to the ANC in SA).

One man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter.

Maybe if the English hadn't occupied NI, the IRA (and associated subsidiaries) wouldn't have existed?

As far as the IRA were concerned, they were defending their homeland against an occupying force (similar to the ANC in SA).

One man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter.

Thats funny the last time I looked Northern Ireland was part of the United Kingdom bound by the laws and indeed the benefits of the land,so could you please explain how the British Army was "occupying" its own land

There is with the murder of Dr. David Kelly. Minimum of 70 odd years I believe.

Care to enlighten us to why?

Wasn't that the unfortunate chap who killed who self by cutting his wrist and taking an overdose of drugs?

Thats funny the last time I looked Northern Ireland was part of the United Kingdom bound by the laws and indeed the benefits of the land,so could you please explain how the British Army was "occupying" its own land

It's funny how the soldiers never felt constrained by the laws of the land, eh?

It's funny how the soldiers never felt constrained by the laws of the land, eh?

When the government have the guts to start handing murder charges out and let the, innocent until proven guilty,soldiers have their day in court,I may agree with you The laws of the land as you put it seem to point to them being murderers I ask again why are no charges forthcoming ?

When the government have the guts to start handing murder charges out and let the, innocent until proven guilty,soldiers have their day in court,I may agree with you The laws of the land as you put it seem to point to them being murderers I ask again why are no charges forthcoming ?

I think you miss the point, I've never suggested the soldiers were murders. What I was suggesting is that you can't on the one hand state that N. Ireland was bound by the laws of the UK, and then on the other defend armed paratroops being used to police the local population.

It was a complicated civil war situation that needed the armed forces participation.

Eye witness testimony would just answer if the soldiers shot innocent people. They could be biased, but 14 people still died so that is all we can know for certain. Only the army and government could answer why innocent people were shot.

As has already been stated, it was a common tactic for IRA gunmen to use demonstrators/rioters to set up gun & bomb attacks on soldiers & police. This would take a lot of co-operation from those taking part in the demo/riot.

Archived