Bloody Sunday enquiry

No British troops from 1920 to 1968, then British Troops enter and the rest follows - coincidence ?

It's the old cause and effect argument.

Did the deteriorating conditions cause the troops to be sent in, or did the troops cause the deteriorating conditions. I think that it's the former, you obviously believe it to be the latter.

Agreed entirely! That's why there was an enquiry into the actions of our soldiers. On the other hand, murdering IRA scum become politicians!

Thanks in part to Gerry Adams, European car workers (and by extension every other person in Europe with a contract of employment) still have contracts that ARE worth more than the paper they are written on.

If the Visteon ex-workers had lost that battle against Ford, we would almost certainly be heading for a situation where that were not true.

Thats funny the last time I looked Northern Ireland was part of the United Kingdom bound by the laws and indeed the benefits of the land,so could you please explain how the British Army was "occupying" its own land

And before NI was annexed by the UK?

Wasn't that the unfortunate chap who killed who self by cutting his wrist and taking an overdose of drugs?

Please tell me you're post was meant to be sarcastic.

And before NI was annexed by the UK?

Please tell me you're post was meant to be sarcastic.

No I was talking about what the coroner found out to be the cause of his death, which also included an undiagnosed cardiac condition.

Anyway this is off topic, and should be continued in a different thread.

A British soldier named Clegg murdered a young girl in N.Ireland and the self proclaimed anti sleaze MP, Martin Bell campaigned for his re admission to the army. Martin Bell famously won Neil Hamilton's Tatton seat and his daughter who it was reported had worked as a prostitute in the USA appeared alongside him on the campaign trail. And this from the anti sleaze MP, there's an irony.

A British soldier named Clegg murdered a young girl in N.Ireland and the self proclaimed anti sleaze MP, Martin Bell campaigned for his re admission to the army. Martin Bell famously won Neil Hamilton's Tatton seat and his daughter who it was reported had worked as a prostitute in the USA appeared alongside him on the campaign trail. And this from the anti sleaze MP, there's an irony.

Clegg was cleared of murder.

Besides which, what does that, Neil Hamilton, Martin Bell or his daughter have to do with the Bloody Sunday inquiry??

I'm really happy for the families and friends of the victims that the truth is out at last.

But it's cost £193 million and 12 years to get to this point. Why?

2 lawyers have pocketed 4 million each, for a start.

The earlier enquiry was said to be 'a whitewash.' Is anybody going to take responsibility for this? Any heads going to roll?

Isn't it time the legal profession was given a major overhaul?

The law is now often beyond the means of the ordinary man in the street.

the truth is it was a war and the innocent on both sides died. who was to blame, in my opinion the ones who still do not want peace. the famillies got what they wanted to hear but that wont stop them wanting more. however in my opinion. the same famillies will not want republican activities given the same treatment. i accept seeing murderers as MPs over there. they need now to draw a line and put that whole horror in the history books. we all need to move on and not infect another generation with such hate.

the truth is it was a war and the innocent on both sides died. who was to blame, in my opinion the ones who still do not want peace. the famillies got what they wanted to hear but that wont stop them wanting more. however in my opinion. the same famillies will not want republican activities given the same treatment. i accept seeing murderers as MPs over there. they need now to draw a line and put that whole horror in the history books. we all need to move on and not infect another generation with such hate.

I think that with this judgement, it's now the perfect opportunity to move on.

Archived