Bloody Sunday enquiry

the truth is it was a war and the innocent on both sides died. who was to blame, in my opinion the ones who still do not want peace. the famillies got what they wanted to hear but that wont stop them wanting more. however in my opinion. the same famillies will not want republican activities given the same treatment. i accept seeing murderers as MPs over there. they need now to draw a line and put that whole horror in the history books. we all need to move on and not infect another generation with such hate.

No it wasn't a war. It may have resembled a war at times but that does not make it one. It was an armed uprising as a result of decades of discrimination and state controlled violence against certain sections of the community. True, there were innocents killed from both sides of the community, and both sides bred their fair share of violent thugs.

I do not understand your comments on blame. Do you mean for Bloody Sunday, or the whole conflict? And who still does not want peace?

As for republican activities being given the same treatment, who do you think occupied the cells of the Maize/Long Kesh all those years? Plenty of Irish republicans (and loyalists, for that matter) have been charged, tried, and convicted of a wide range of "crimes" (some they didn't even commit - but that's for another inquiry).

The families have always known the truth. They didn't need this report to prove that their loved ones were innocent, but hearing it from a Conservative PM, means that never again should their names be sullied by accusations of terrorism.

No it wasn't a war. It may have resembled a war at times but that does not make it one. It was an armed uprising as a result of decades of discrimination and state controlled violence against certain sections of the community. True, there were innocents killed from both sides of the community, and both sides bred their fair share of violent thugs.

I do not understand your comments on blame. Do you mean for Bloody Sunday, or the whole conflict? And who still does not want peace?

As for republican activities being given the same treatment, who do you think occupied the cells of the Maize/Long Kesh all those years? Plenty of Irish republicans (and loyalists, for that matter) have been charged, tried, and convicted of a wide range of "crimes" (some they didn't even commit - but that's for another inquiry).

The families have always known the truth. They didn't need this report to prove that their loved ones were innocent, but hearing it from a Conservative PM, means that never again should their names be sullied by accusations of terrorism.

it was a war, i fought in it. all the thugs got guns and instead of calling it the mafia they called it pira, in the end we paid most of them off, but way to many still want war. to hell with them.

it was a war, i fought in it. all the thugs got guns and instead of calling it the mafia they called it pira, in the end we paid most of them off, but way to many still want war. to hell with them.

According to the British government (whom, I presume, paid you), it was not a war. If it was then the floodgates would really open. How many cases for denial of POW status do you think would emerge. They didn't want to give legitimacy to the IRA, preferring to refer to the security services as either peacekeepers, or latterly as back up to the RUC in a law and order problem (killing two birds with one stone by treating prisoners the same as criminals).

You can't have it both ways.

As for many still wanting war, that may be true. I know of people who will never be happy until all British prescence is removed, but that is not suprising really, is it?

The best we can hope for, for lasting peace, is the continuation of the Good Friday Agreement, and the strengthening of the Stormont government representing all parts of the community. The only people I can see threatening to wreck this is certain hard line loyalists who seem to think they have a god given right to rule exclusively.

According to the British government (whom, I presume, paid you), it was not a war. If it was then the floodgates would really open. How many cases for denial of POW status do you think would emerge. They didn't want to give legitimacy to the IRA, preferring to refer to the security services as either peacekeepers, or latterly as back up to the RUC in a law and order problem (killing two birds with one stone by treating prisoners the same as criminals).

You can't have it both ways.

As for many still wanting war, that may be true. I know of people who will never be happy until all British prescence is removed, but that is not suprising really, is it?

The best we can hope for, for lasting peace, is the continuation of the Good Friday Agreement, and the strengthening of the Stormont government representing all parts of the community. The only people I can see threatening to wreck this is certain hard line loyalists who seem to think they have a god given right to rule exclusively.

politians words dont change facts it was a war, and im glad its over, for now.

Archived