Ideas for an "Up North" Hamper

Yorkshire Tea bags are not all that northern as they are now found in supermarkets nationwide. Have you been to Bradfield brewery for a box of their beers rather than just a bottle of beer? Also has anyone sugested potted meat?

Yeh, I just got the Yorkshire Tea Bags, cos it said Yorkshire on them. I don't want to bother with too much beer - i don't think they are great beer drinkers really. Good idea about the potted meat, never thought about that one! I think it will travel ok too.

Keep the ideas coming folks, and thank you!

A yorkshire fish cake :D

Buy some un-cooked from a chippy, put them in a food bag and freeze.

I was going to suggest a Yorkshire fishcake - that is one of the things I really miss since moving "darn South" to the Isle of Wight.

Whilst in Bridlington at the beginning of May we managed to get some Yorkshire fishcakes from a local fish "n" chip shop and they tasted absolutely brill. Had forgotten just how good they were. :thumbsup:

I did this for my dad, last year. We took him potted beef, black pudding, pork pie, dripping and sausages all from our local Crawshaws butchers. We also took yorkshire tea.....not the tea bags, the real stuff. :hihi:

I also took some of my home grown garden produce.....tomato's, cucumber and runner beans etc. I think I took some of my own pickled onions as well.

All the fresh stuff was bought the day before we travelled and was packed into a cool bag and surrounded by freezer blocks and made the journey from Sheffield to Devon without any problems.

Ah! well done! - dont want to make any, though,any ideas where i can buy some?

yorkshire parkin is sold in morrisons they do two types, one is with a long shelf life tastes horrible and could be used as a house brick, and the second is lovely really moist and sticky and cooked in store (found near the fresh muffins and doughnuts etc not near mr kiplin stuff etc)

Archived