7 year old on the pole

Personally I don't know many 7year olds who enjoy feeding ducks. 4year olds yes but 7+ arent interested anymore. Alot are interested in other hobbies like dancing. Dancing round a pole is just that, dancing

I like feeding ducks an so does my daughter:) We have a loft bed in the spare room, that has a pole she often climbs up it or twirls round it, but i wouldn't call it dancing!

But its the connotation of the pole, the seedy links it has which is the issue.

If it were such an innocent healthy way to exercise, why aren't they installed and taught at primary schools?

Perhaps someone could direct me to some non-sexual uses of the pole because the dancing I've seen all seems to be sexual and suggestive.

The seediness is an adult construct, kids don't think of the pole as sexual, they just think of it as fun to swing around and climb up. It's all about the context. IF this woman is teaching her daughter to dance suggestively, then yes, that is wrong. But I don't understand why people have such an issue with kids doing what is essentially dancing and gymnastics in the privacy of their own home.

What experiences do you have of pole dancing? If it's in a club then of course it'll be sexual. But a quick search on YouTube throws up hundreds of pole dancers; some of them are more sexual than others, but a large number are just in sportswear, and are less sexual than many other sporting activities.

The seediness is an adult construct, kids don't think of the pole as sexual, they just think of it as fun to swing around and climb up. It's all about the context. IF this woman is teaching her daughter to dance suggestively, then yes, that is wrong. But I don't understand why people have such an issue with kids doing what is essentially dancing and gymnastics in the privacy of their own home.

What experiences do you have of pole dancing? If it's in a club then of course it'll be sexual. But a quick search on YouTube throws up hundreds of pole dancers; some of them are more sexual than others, but a large number are just in sportswear, and are less sexual than many other sporting activities.

Assuming The Sun have quoted the mother verbatim, this is part of what she said about encouraging her daughter to pole dance:

"Sarah also claimed she was preparing Poppy for the day when she inherits her swingers' club, called Madame Pink. She said: "There are pole dancers in the club. This exercise is early training, so she knows what to look for in dancers and will be a successful boss of the club."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3014180/Sick-mum-teaches-daughter-of-7-to-pole-dance.html#ixzz0rBbXI8jP

"Poppy wants a boob job when she is old enough, and what my daughters want, they get.''

This line says it all about the woman's parenting really. Truly tragic.

I wonder how she's preparing her daughter for the inevitable disappointments in life where 'getting what you want' is beyond your control or not even in your best interests?

Often it's the children of such parents who come to abuse substances.

Assuming The Sun have quoted the mother verbatim...

Exactly. I don't trust The Sun. *shrugs* My point wasn't so much to do with this woman, I already said how disgusted I am if the story is true, it was more in response to the people on the thread who implied that the pole dancing wa the most shocking part of the article, and questioned the reasoning behind any child learning to pole dance, no matter how it was taught.

Exactly. I don't trust The Sun. *shrugs*

I don't trust The Sun either, I'm sure the story has been phrased to arouse the most sensational indignation factor, however I'll not let that get in the way of me having a rant about people I don't know, who are unlikely to ever participate in this discussion and basically just look like cheaptack trailer park trash!

My point wasn't so much to do with this woman, I already said how disgusted I am if the story is true, it was more in response to the people on the thread who implied that the pole dancing wa the most shocking part of the article, and questioned the reasoning behind any child learning to pole dance, no matter how it was taught.

I understand what you say, and I'm sure it's possible to have a perfectly innocent relationship with a chrome pole in your front room, but it's a little like saying I only wear latex because it's wipe clean ;)

Archived